Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I forgot when they typically open up the Pre orders. I downloaded the apple store app so when the time comes, I'm ready!

BlockEight88

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
How is anyone suppose to know for sure yet? I'm sure they'll probably be a week after the keynote or maybe that Friday. But I would avoid pre-orders. I remember I did it at 2am for both the iPhone 4S & 5. I did get lucky, but it took about 10 times to go through.

I think I'm probably going to wait a month or two before getting the iPhone 5S. All you ones pre-ordering can be the guinea pigs, as I'm sure the first batch will have its issues.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
We'll find out tomorrow, but if I had to guess I would say the 13th.

How is anyone suppose to know for sure yet? I'm sure they'll probably be a week after the keynote or maybe that Friday. But I would avoid pre-orders. I remember I did it at 2am for both the iPhone 4S & 5. I did get lucky, but it took about 10 times to go through.

I think I'm probably going to wait a month or two before getting the iPhone 5S. All you ones pre-ordering can be the guinea pigs, as I'm sure the first batch will have its issues.

I Pre ordered the 4s with no issues other than my impatience :)

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I Pre ordered the 4s with no issues other than my impatience :)

I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 last year, but I never had any problems pre-ordering; gotta love that Apple Store app. And I don't recall my 5 having any issues when I received it.

HM Apple

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Will be watching one of the on-line event broadcasts tomorrow waiting to hear pre-order info. Last ordered a IPad Mini with the Apple App when the store re-opened and it was great. And with all account info up to date and express check out enabled, it was done in less than a minute.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
And if you can, order using the Apple store app on ipad or iphone. When the iphone 5 came out, there were some issues initially ordering on web site, but not with Apple store app.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Pre ordering a pain. Everyone and their freaking mother is usually doing it all at once. Doesn't matter what you use.

more fps

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Ottawa
Would the unlocked version come out at the same time? Heard unlocked version always come out later on...hope this time apple allows you to preorder the unlock versions

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
It's only a pain if you allow it to be. If you can't get your order in then just wait a month.

Then it comes down to who ordered at what time. Those that ordered a couple hours after pre orders went live now are quoted their shipping times a week later than originally told.

Too much of a headache.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Then it comes down to who ordered at what time. Those that ordered a couple hours after pre orders went live now are quoted their shipping times a week later than originally told.

Too much of a headache.

If a week delay in shipping really alters your life then I can see how it would be a headache. I guess I won't be having any headaches since I have an iPhone 4s that works just fine.

jfreak623

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
during the last preorder fiasco, it let me place 2 orders at 199 for the same line. Wife ended up getting a nice early upgrade. :D

Dundonik

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2013
Is there a way to switch a upgrade to another line from the apple store app? I know you can on Verizon's actual website but you have to order the phone right then and there

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Is there a way to switch a upgrade to another line from the apple store app? I know you can on Verizon's actual website but you have to order the phone right then and there

I think you can choose which line you are upgrading once you login under your profile.

Dundonik

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2013
I think you can choose which line you are upgrading once you login under your profile.

Correct, I want to upgrade one line that doesn't have a upgrade lets say its 123-4567 and the upgrade is on 456-7890 I enter the one with he upgrade available? How would I put it onto my phone number?

TAI182

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
My iPhone 4 is currently on my family plan, but I am starting my own individual plan with a new number for the iPhone 5S.

Can the mobile Apple Store app be used to start a new account for a new line? It looks like it can only be used as an upgrade option for my current line, which I don't plan on doing.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
The bigger question is how did OP become a 65816 on this forum and still ask such a newb question?

Really? What's the answer then old wise one? Amazing how you are still trolling after so many years of experience you have with Apple products and releases. I actually haven't been on this site in over a year I think. Most of my time has been spent in the MacBook forums. Sorry if I can't remember when Apple typically opens Pre orders. I was actually asking for my father in law because I couldn't answer the question for him.

mizaco

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2013
Even if the pre-order page is available, it'll be swarmed by apple crazed buyers. I sure as hell will be partaking in this. :)

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Even if the pre-order page is available, it'll be swarmed by apple crazed buyers. I sure as hell will be partaking in this. :)

Why not right? It's a good time if you're not obsessed with getting the phone on release day. And if you do get it on release day then it's a nice bonus to partake in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.