When are you going to see applications really take advantage of the gyroscope feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigress666, Jul 13, 2010.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

So far I've only heard of one game that really takes advantage of the gyroscope feature. It seems with all the hub bub about other stuff (bad *and* good) people have forgotten about that (or maybe I'm just impatient, I've never been known for my patience).

So people who got the 3GS when it came out, how long did it take to see apps start taking advantage of the compass feature?

Also, what do people think we'll see (or want to see) feature wise that takes advantage of the gyroscope? Games are easier to predict in my opinion but also what non game use could be use the gyroscope?

Or do you think it's been forgotten and will be unused since it seems very few people are focusing on it (check out how little you see that talked about on here)?

2. abcdefghijklmno macrumors member

The most recent update to Air Mouse Pro (iTunes) is pretty good. Uses the gyroscope to control mouse on-screen through movements in the air. Similar functionality to these products: http://www.gyration.com/index.php/us/products/in-air-micekeyboards/ - but considerably cheaper! I actually bought one of the earlier iterations of the Gyration Air Mouse and really liked it, but it turned out to be a bit flimsy and needed a huge receiver plugging in to USB to connect.

A

3. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

I think I'd use that just for the novelty factor.

I am really hoping to see an rpg or something that involves exploring a world take advantage of it (course you'd look wierd playing games when you are standing up and turning around but I think it would be neat)