When are you reselling your iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bako-MacAddict, Mar 24, 2013.

  1. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

    Bako-MacAddict

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2012
    Location:
    California
    #1
    Those who are thinking of getting the next generation iPhone or switching to GS4 or the HTC One, when are you thinking of reselling your iPhone 5? Are you going to go off by rumors of the 5S which the dates look around mid June?

    -When?
    -Where? eBay, Trade ins websites, Craigslist , ect ...
    -How much?
    -Switching to Android??
    -Or staying with the iPhone 5?
     
  2. HiRisk macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2013
    #2
    If iOS7 ends up being a bust, I can picture myself to getting rid of the iPhone 5 within a year. I won't be missing out on iOS as I plan to keep my iPad and iPod Touch if I make the switch to Android for my phone.
     
  3. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #3
    i'm gonna sell it as soon as they announce the 5S
     
  4. jumpmandds macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2011
    Location:
    Ohio
    #4
    Staying with my 5 until the 6 announcement no more S models for me
     
  5. adam044 macrumors 65816

    adam044

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2012
    Location:
    Boston
    #5
    Same here not worth it even though it usually costs me nothing to very little
     
  6. Bako-MacAddict thread starter macrumors 68000

    Bako-MacAddict

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2012
    Location:
    California
    #6
    Yeah, doesn't seem like there is going to be a significant change with the 5S like the previous S's. I leaning towards that too and just enjoy my 5. I need to stop being greedy updating every new generation that comes out :D
     
  7. CEmajr macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2012
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    #7
    Getting the 6 next year. Skipping whatever they release this year and definitely not going to Android.
     
  8. 9th Wonder macrumors member

    9th Wonder

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2013
  9. Ann P macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2009
    Location:
    California
    #9
    For the iphone 6. I think I'm gonna skip the S model this time around.
     
  10. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

    Cody21

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2012
    Location:
    Knoxville, TN
    #10
    If I get the iPhone 5S i'll most likely sell my iPhone 5 on ebay or craigslist after I receive the 5S unless I can find a replacement phone to use.
     
  11. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

    moldy lunchbox

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2010
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    #11
    I planned on selling it when the 5S came out, but i'll have to wait and see. I like my jailbreak and the 5 is already blazing fast to the point I don't even think we need an S version this year. Just bring on the 6 :rolleyes:
     
  12. taedouni macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2011
    Location:
    California
    #12
    I've been upgrading yearly since the iPhone 4; however, I am going to keep the 5 and wait for the 6. I upgraded to the 4S because the A5 chip was a huge upgrade coming from an A4 chip and of course there was Siri.

    The iPhone 5 was a must because of the 4" screen and LTE (I have Verizon). I'm sure that the 5S will have a chip that's faster than the A6, it'll have a 12 MP camera and possibly NFC or some feature that isn't as useful as Siri was.
     
  13. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

    BHP41

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2010
    Location:
    United States of America
    #13
    When the next iPhone is jail broken. Or Apple fixes my issues with contacts and mail.
     
  14. arefbe macrumors regular

    arefbe

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2010
    #14
    Staying with the 5 until 2015 at the earliest.
     
  15. bandityo macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2012
    #15
    The 5 is plenty fast enough...dont care about the S this time around...dont see the need.

    david
     
  16. Sdahe macrumors 68000

    Sdahe

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2007
    Location:
    San Juan, PR
    #16
    Hahahaha... Me too.
     
  17. simply stunning macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    #17
    I am going to give my 5 to my wife and get the 5S (or whatever the next one is called). Then sell her 4S. I will do this once I have the new phone in hand to make the switch. Then it will be off to Craigslist or a family member.
     
  18. walmartmartyr, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013

    walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2012
    #18
    id like to say im sticking with my 5 until my applecare+ runs out (1.5yrs)

    But look at how the ip4 looks to potential buyers now? nobody looks at the 4 and says, "i want that"! The 4S still has some prestige to it, much better processor and camera. Im worried that if I skip the 5s and get the 6, selling the 5 will have the same stigma.
     
  19. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

    SnowLeopard OSX

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2012
    Location:
    California
    #19
    I have a 4S right now and I'm not at all that impressed with the 5. I'll probably skip out on the 5S and wait for the 6 to come out.
     
  20. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2012
    #20
    Has it been confirmed that there will be a 5S with minimal changes, and not a 6 with a bigger screen?

    Or is everyone just going by what's been the norm the last few years?
     
  21. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

    Beenblacklisted

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2011
    Location:
    Miami,Fl
    #21
    iphone market price

    if you wait till after the announcement you will get considerably less, but if you sell ahead of announcement you will profit, day of new 5s announcement old iphone5 price drops 100.00 off the back and 4s 200.00 price reduction. Play it smart market is saturated with many vendors selling iphone 5 unlocked under cost.
     
  22. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

    nepalisherpa

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2011
    Location:
    USA
    #22
    Since I just got the 5, I can't upgrade yet. I will have to wait till 5/2014 to do so. With that said, I am going to see what iOS has to offer first before I even think about switching platform. So, technically, I can wait till iOS 8. :) Hardware-wise, I am fine.
     
  23. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #23
    I'm only one year into my 2 year contract so I'll be waiting until the iPhone 6 is released before I contemplate selling my iPhone 5.
     
  24. beMaC macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2011
    #24
    If the 'S' upgrade is worth upgrading then yes, i may consider, but saying as i have no issues or problems with my iPhone 5 I'll reckon ill just stick to it until the '6' model.
     
  25. boshii macrumors 68040

    boshii

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2008
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    #25
    Keeping my 5 and buying an S4 when it's released.

    If the 5S is worth getting, i'll sell my 5 and get that.
     

Share This Page