When did the party of hope and change become a party of fear?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Sep 30, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Really, all the emails of fear combined with even Obama saying he would be personally offended if we didn't vote or to donate...

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Well, I know which side I am not voting or donating for now.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Reminds me of when Madaline Albright said "there is a special place in hell for women who don't support Hillary" in the primary.

4. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

:(

The worst part is, his quote is all over the internet with full context and leaves little interpretation for doubt. Granted, the email lacked a certain context (e.g. Obama was aiming at black voters, the email from the DCCC in one of many theatrically-laced emails excluded the context Obama said almost 2 weeks ago to make it sound like a whole generalization.)

So whoever the DCCC is, if Obama didn't approve the message, then the DCCC is in hot water. But on social media, others are playing the fear game as well, with others point out their double standards in social media. It's a remarkable election year for sure... all this fear, could the Democratic Party be imploding no worse than what is being said of the GOP?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 30, 2016 ---
    Thankfully she apologized, she is human. But with sexism, a lot of which is genuine and even in the 21st century, I can understand her POV. But having apologized, what might that mean? Sexism isn't a problem, she doesn't want people to vote for Clinton because it's a gender-only issue, or what?

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

That is an OP in desperate need of some context.

What in the hell are you talking about?

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

This isn't a normal election....
    The Democratic Party is very much an establishment party. That means change is slow. But it sticks.
    Democratic party is establishment, and there's a 25% chance of a non-establishment president for the first time in a long time (and possibly ever).