When do you predict the iPhone 5 will no longer be in "High" demand.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Oct 18, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

As it is it is almost impossible to find one in stores. They are taking longer to ship out of Foxconn and the people who couldn't find it launch day took up the second batch of shipments.
    I would say maybe around January when they will start getting regular shipments in. No way in hell will it make it through the holiday season.

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I would say that the week before Thanksgiving they will have it everywhere, they need it to be available by that time, if not they will loose many sales.

3. ATaleOfFiction macrumors member

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

im with him. month. they will be ready for holiday sales

5. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Well, if you order now - in the Netherlands - you may have to wait for up to 6 weeks for some models. That means that, if these waiting times are accurate, some customers ordering now may have to wait until early December (but probably November, since Apple always manages to deliver one or two weeks earlier).

My best guess is that demand will weaken after Q1 2013. Q4 2012 will be all about the holiday season and launching the device across the world. In Q1 2013 some countries may still see iPhone 5 launches. The iPhone 4S launched in China during Q1 of 2012.

So my guess: Q4 2012 and Q1 2012 will see 30+ million sold iPhones per quarter, and after that it will be anywhere between 20 and 35 million.

6. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

some of them aren't even coming in til december from online estimates. at this pace it would be smarter for them to stow away a couple million units to save for release around december 17th when most people start christmas shopping. That way they won't be totally blown away. Most people who really wanted the 5 have it now anyway if they were serious about getting it sooner rather than later.

7. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

We are already into the holiday buying season, so I'd expect demand to stay "high" well into December, likely until after January of 2013. That said, demand will likely start to drop a bit heading into deep winter based on historical sales of all iPhones. People start getting worked up about the next iteration by then.

8. richmds macrumors regular

when supply meets demand.
    When that is who knows, as soon as Foxconn up's their supply Apple also rolls it out to countries that were previously not on the list.

9. stonyboys macrumors 6502

I really want my 5, it still hasn't shipped.

10. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

go online in 4 hours if you are in the east coast and reserve it.

11. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

well that's just not true....I and many other iPhone 4 users who are out of contract are waiting for stock to increase here in Houston, and we have 6 Apple stores and a plethora of carrier stores in the area and none can be found with the exception of a few every saturday morning...sucks... I'm actually thinking of going Nokia Lumina 920 instead...I've NEVER had to wait like this for an iPhone and I've had them all within the launch window...somethings definitely wrong this go round

12. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I tried to get my mom a 4S last year for Christmas and it was sold out at best buy and AT&T and this was mid December. The Apple store was the only place I could find one. The iPad Mini will probably cause the iPhone to slow down a bit in December because the Mini will be the hot Christmas present that everyone wants. Of course this is just all speculation so who really knows.

13. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

if you really wanted the 5 then you wouldn't be considering going to nokia. and you would go saturday morning to pick one up if you were serious about getting it.

14. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

15. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

How about Apple produce more phones for North America before moving on to other countries to launch? And as I stated I've gone on Saturdays before and there is just no 5's to be found...as if I don't have one because I'm not "serious"...wow, some people just don't get it

16. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

17. teejaysyke macrumors regular

Yeah, you don't get it. Apple isn't going to lose sales in other countries just because YOU are too impatient to wait for the iPhone. I'm sure waiting isn't going to kill you, and if it's going to, looks like you'll either be dying or switching to the Nokia like you said. :eek:

18. foam macrumors member

For people who wanted their iPhone 5's, they should be able to get one within a few days of searching. The demand is still high but from personal experience, it is getting easier to get some especially if you do the reservation on Apple.

19. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I'm hoping that day is today. I'm going to head down to the Apple store in Waikiki and try to exchange mine.

20. Che Castro macrumors 603

Blame this on the people complaining about scuffs

21. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

Mine only took 17 days to come and i ordered on October 1st.

I think its getting easier NOW to get one...but don't wait long...."christmas" is getting closer.

22. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Retailers aren't getting them in regularly. Radioshack and Best buy didn't even have enough to sell regularly, only enough to fulfill SOME pre-orders. Walmart and Target are pretty much nonexistant.

23. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

Nah I get it...what I'm not going to get is an iPhone 5, when I want it

24. anom macrumors newbie

How about blame it on the company selling the product with scuffs out of the box?