iPad When do you think Anandtech will post his review of the iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MartinAppleGuy, Oct 19, 2014.

1. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

When do you think Anandtech will post his review of the iPad Air/confirm the amount of RAM?

2. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

There are apps for this. Do we really need anandtech?

3. yegon macrumors 68020

By "his" review, I don't think Anand will be posting a review of the iPad any time soon. Small matter of conflict of interests given that, you know, he's an Apple employee these days lol.

No idea when Anandtech website will post their review, sooner rather than later. We'll know one way or the other re: RAM before that I expect.

4. MartinAppleGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

Sorry, I was talking about the website.

----------

You are correct, but I like the review as well :)

5. yegon macrumors 68020

Hey, apologies if my post sounded snarky, it just made me laugh the thought of a now-Apple employee posting a review of an iPad :)

I agree about Anandtech, their reviews are much more in depth then the, frankly glossy magazine quality, copy you get at most places.

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Yeah but he got someone else to do it last time.

7. NauCayuti macrumors member

Last year, the review was posted on Tuesday the 29th of October, while the iPad Air launched on Friday the 1st of November.

8. addictzz macrumors 6502

Is it safe to assume that the review will start appearing around 22-23 oct then? Since the Air 2 is expected to hit the store on 24-25 oct.

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

15 days after we receive our iPad Air 2s, since he works for Applw now.

10. vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

We'll know in the next couple days for sure the RAM. I imagine theres a journalist with the Air 2 in their hands now running tests as we speak, and when the embargo gets lifted we'll know for sure.

11. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

He didnt work on iPhone review. So Im guessing he wont do iPad review. He'll have another guy at his company do it.

12. addictzz macrumors 6502

I just hope that journalist is from iFixit. Love their tear down and revelations.

13. MartinAppleGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

That was benchmarks posted (on the official website) for a new iPad and it is said to have 2GB of RAM (19xxMB) as well as 3 cores.

14. addictzz macrumors 6502

Now that I think about it. If most people can get their iPad on Wednesday earliest, wouldn't review start appearing before then?

I have this impression that reviewers would get their hands on iPad earlier than most consumers.

15. vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

The pattern I've noticed is if theres 10 day window to release review units will go out. With the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 shipping within a couple days if everything goes perfectly I don't know how that will go.

Keep in mind the 10 day window thing is just what seemed consistent with iOS devices.

16. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The iPad Air review came out awhile ago.