When do you think I can just walk in and buy an iphone5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bidoof01, Oct 12, 2012.

1. bidoof01 macrumors newbie

I've been checking apples site stock the past week and just give up. Always out of stock even when I'm there at 10pm or a few minutes early. I don't want to order it online and have it shipped to me in 2-3 weeks, but I might just have to. With holidays coming up, I think stock would be dry well after Christmas.

2. NewToMac11 macrumors member

have you tried to do the reserve for in store pick up at 10 pm deal thats been talked about on here?

but for other than apple store, i was able to pick one up at sprint store today with out ordering or anything.

3. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

if you mean with certainty, I would say after the holidays, so maybe Jan-Feb.

You might get lucky one of these days, but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

if you mean with certainty, I would say after the holidays, so maybe Jan-Feb.

You might get lucky one of these days, but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.

5. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I agree with some of the posts above, I think it will be after the holidays. Your best bet is to keep trying to reserve one at 10pm. Just keep trying, what do you have to lose?

6. mellofello macrumors 65816

I strolled in and snagged 2 on launch day with 0 line. My area is a bit over saturated with apple stores

7. eswank macrumors 6502

I was able to walk into my local AT&T store and pick one up. I was very persistent though.

8. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I did a walk in purchase today.. was by no means "Easy" though. I have a thread on my experience if you care to read it.

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I suppose one naturally assumes, "hey I am here in person, surely you have a phone in stock for people who actually bother to show in person?" or you are impatience, but then you KNOW in your head, that's not how todays works.

U haven't been paying attention. There are threads here about the "10 p.m." thing. READ! work the system. Pacing around is not gonna make anything happen.

10. AFDoc macrumors 68030

11. ManuCH macrumors 6502

It all depends on where you want to buy it: on launch day, sometimes in the afternoon, a relative of mine just walked into the AT&T store in Jackson, WY, and bought an iPhone 5. No lines, nobody around. But hey, that's Wyoming :)

12. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Wednesday, January 16 2012 around 11 AM in your closest Apple Store.

13. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

i walked into radioshack the tuesday after the iPhone 5 came out. Took a fair bit of calling around though but I found one kinda close to me. Walked out with 16gb vzw iphone 5 instead of att :/

14. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

qft