When do you think I can just walk in and buy an iphone5?

bidoof01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2011
I've been checking apples site stock the past week and just give up. Always out of stock even when I'm there at 10pm or a few minutes early. I don't want to order it online and have it shipped to me in 2-3 weeks, but I might just have to. With holidays coming up, I think stock would be dry well after Christmas.

NewToMac11

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
have you tried to do the reserve for in store pick up at 10 pm deal thats been talked about on here?

but for other than apple store, i was able to pick one up at sprint store today with out ordering or anything.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
if you mean with certainty, I would say after the holidays, so maybe Jan-Feb.

You might get lucky one of these days, but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
if you mean with certainty, I would say after the holidays, so maybe Jan-Feb.

You might get lucky one of these days, but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
I strolled in and snagged 2 on launch day with 0 line. My area is a bit over saturated with apple stores

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
I suppose one naturally assumes, "hey I am here in person, surely you have a phone in stock for people who actually bother to show in person?" or you are impatience, but then you KNOW in your head, that's not how todays works.

U haven't been paying attention. There are threads here about the "10 p.m." thing. READ! work the system. Pacing around is not gonna make anything happen.

ManuCH

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
It all depends on where you want to buy it: on launch day, sometimes in the afternoon, a relative of mine just walked into the AT&T store in Jackson, WY, and bought an iPhone 5. No lines, nobody around. But hey, that's Wyoming :)

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
i walked into radioshack the tuesday after the iPhone 5 came out. Took a fair bit of calling around though but I found one kinda close to me. Walked out with 16gb vzw iphone 5 instead of att :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.