When does early voting start in your area?

DearthnVader

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2015
Red Springs, NC
In Transylvania county, NC, it starts Thursday Oct. 20th @ 150 South Gaston St. It ends Sat. Nov. 5th at 6PM.
[doublepost=1476817666][/doublepost]You can register same day when early voting in NC, but bring your ID.

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
Wednesday and I'm voting for Hillary. After tomorrow you guys can argue all you want.

And..BTW..It was Ecuador that cut Assange's internet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ecuador-assange-internet-election_us_5806a481e4b0dd54ce362c5d?section=&
Ecuador’s leftist government said WikiLeaks’ decision to publish documents impacting the U.S. election was entirely its own responsibility, and the country did not want to meddle in election processes or favor any candidate.

“In that respect, Ecuador, exercising its sovereign right, has temporarily restricted access to part of its communications systems in its UK Embassy,” it added in a statement.

Good for them.

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
I already voted for

Daffy Duck/Bugs Bunny.
No I hadn't. Makes more sense to sit through the final debate and as long as possible in the event there are surprises to make me not regret a premature decision.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
ballets should be out soon. everyone votes by mail here in Oregon such a easy system.

Snoopy4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2014
Got the ballot Monday. Will drop off on Election Day. Poll is two blocks away.

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Here is info about states with early voting. Hundreds of thousands of ballots have already been cast.

No early voting in New York State. You can request an absentee ballot though if you're not going to be around on Election Day. I like to vote in person because, as I explained somewhere else, now that I have to drive 15 miles round trip to do it, I damn well like to collect a pizza on the way back... ;)

Fancuku

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2015
PA, USA
I don't know if we have early voting and don't care because I always vote on election day. After work, go home, take a shower, grab a bite to eat and then go to the polls. It's only 1 mile from my house. :D

Populism

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
Wednesday and I'm voting for Hillary. After tomorrow you guys can argue all you want.

And..BTW..It was Ecuador that cut Assange's internet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ecuador-assange-internet-election_us_5806a481e4b0dd54ce362c5d?section=&
Ecuador’s leftist government said WikiLeaks’ decision to publish documents impacting the U.S. election was entirely its own responsibility, and the country did not want to meddle in election processes or favor any candidate.

“In that respect, Ecuador, exercising its sovereign right, has temporarily restricted access to part of its communications systems in its UK Embassy,” it added in a statement.

Good for them.
What did the OP have anything to do with your response?

No worries.

No one expects you to answe.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
No early voting in New York. Expecting a heavy turnout so I'm leaving work early in case lines are long.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I get to vote next week. Still debating between Clinton and third party since I live in a safe R state so it won't matter too much.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Colorado does mail-in ballots. My wife and I will vote as soon as we get them, and I'll take them to a drop off point that is about 4 miles from my house.

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
From today's SigDig in FiveThirtyEight

2,064,538 early votes cast so far - [U.S. Elections Project]

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will face one another in their final presidential debate tonight. But the debate comes too late to change the minds of at least 2,064,538 confirmed voters. Early voting has been going on for some time now, and more than 2 million Americans have already cast ballots.

Ordinarily I wouldn't like the idea of casting an early vote since I generally vote as an independent even though I'm a registered Democrat. This would be one of those years if it weren't for Donald Trump. But then as noted before, NY doesn't have early voting anyway.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Never understood early voting. You never know what will happen between now and election day.
I know that on Election Day I won't be able to vote, and I found out just a couple of days ago. Early voting allows me and many other to vote, and it reduces lines.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
I know that on Election Day I won't be able to vote, and I found out just a couple of days ago. Early voting allows me and many other to vote, and it reduces lines.
Why can you not vote on election day but can through early? Are the registrations different?

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Because I will be drugged and/or in pain.
Ah, I misread what you wrote. I thought you meant you couldn't, as in weren't allowed to vote on election day. In that case, I can understand the argument for early voting.

...Unless you meant in pain as a result of the election. ;)

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Ah, I misread what you wrote. I thought you meant you couldn't, as in weren't allowed to vote on election day. In that case, I can understand the argument for early voting.

...Unless you meant in pain as a result of the election. ;)
I think that the oral surgery will be the least painful thing on that day............. ;)