When does the 2- year contract start?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sojay, Sep 22, 2012.

1. sojay macrumors newbie

Does the 2-year contract start from the moment of activation only? And is there any reason the following would not work: I bought a Verizon iPhone with a 2-year contract, but my AT&T contract is not up yet for a couple of months. Could I use the sim from my old phone (either cut down to nano size or requesting a nano sim from AT&T) for two months and then activate the Verizon one? Or would I need to activate right away? Or would the phone even work on ATT without being activated? Wondering if it's the sim or the phone that gets activated.

I definitely want the Verizon contract, just trying to avoid ETF with AT&T. Of course, I could have waited to buy the new iPhone till my contract was up, but my old 3s is dying.
    I have two active lines, one with AT&T (old iPhone), one with Verizon (a regular phone with no data plan), and both numbers will stay active.

Thanks!

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

If you have 2 months left with AT&T, your ETF is probably peanuts - way less than another 2 months of service. Find out. If that's the case, pay em and move on.