When does the "Congrats, your phone is unlocked" message show up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greytmom, Sep 11, 2012.

1. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I was approved for unlocking and I plugged the phone into iTunes and did a backup, then restored. No message. I did the restore again. No message.

Does it show up before the phone asks you if you want to set up as a new phone or restore from back-up, or at the very end when the phone is back to normal? Does it flash up and then disappear... in other words, if I was doing other things, could I have missed the screen? Or does it stay up until I dismiss it?

Lastly, is there any other way, besides replacing the sim, to tell if the phone is successfully unlocked?

Lots of questions.

2. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

Make sure you've received the notification with given directions. If the att rep had said your eligible, but you haven't received an email then it's not yet completed. If you've got an iPhone 4S you could pop in another sim card that wouldn't normally be supported such as tmobile.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try this site http://iphoneox.com/
    Sometimes people dont get the congradulations your iphone is unlocked message but their iphone is fully unlocked and can work with any GSM sim.

4. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

I did receive the notification email. Followed the instructions to the letter, but apparently it didn't work, or I missed the unlock message. I don't know why it can't be a little easier to tell if a phone is unlocked.

I don't have another sim.

----------

Thank you - this worked. Tells me the phone is unlocked.

Appreciate your help!

5. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

I never received the message either.

But the website that Applejuiced linked to shows my iPhone Unlocked.

And I put my friends tmobile sim card in my AT&T iPhone 4 and it works...

6. tennisproha macrumors 6502a

I'm just curious, it this site legit?? It looks a little sketchy. I wonder how they get the info.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I never got the message either, so I tested with a t-mobile sim card that I ordered for $0.99. I got the t-mobile signal, so knew all was right in the world.

8. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you know a friend on t-mobile, it's relatively quick work to put theirs in (assuming they're using a micro sim) and try it out.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, its legit. There's plenty of iphone IMEI check sites like that.
    All it does is contacts apples activation servers with the imei number and gives you details about the particular device.