Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noctearbi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
I am new to MAC computers and not sure how to fix problem. I have a MAC OS X 10.5.8 PowerBook G4. Computer freezes up and force quit does not work, so I have to restart comp. at start up a box with a picture of the world blinks off and on, then a small file or folder icon appears with a face then a question mark blinking back and forth, then screen turns blue after awhile my desktop shows up. I have a Mac OS X book but cannot find sufficient information to figure out what to do. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Your Mac is set to boot from the network, instead of your internal HD. To fix this, go to System Preferences and select your internal HD as the boot drive.

noctearbi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
The advice you gave me worked

Your Mac is set to boot from the network, instead of your internal HD. To fix this, go to System Preferences and select your internal HD as the boot drive.

Thank you for helping me, I did what you said and now my comp. starts up like normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.