when instering a blank DVD no icon appears on desktop- and after a few minutes ejects

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hallmancomposer, Dec 14, 2009.

1. hallmancomposer macrumors newbie

Hello!
    Hopefully a simple fix macfriends!

I just burned 3-4 dvds and when trying to burn the last one my Macbook wouldn't recognize it- when inserted the blank DVD no icon appears on desktop- and after a few minutes, it ejects.

I tried a few different dvds to be sure it wasn't one faulty one. Also restarted the computer and also reset the System preferences for CD/DVD.

Any help? PLEASEEEEE :)

thanks!

2. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

3. RatherDashing42 macrumors newbie

This exact same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Most likely your Superdrive is busted. Hopefully you're still under Warranty. If so, take it to your local Apple store and have them replace the drive. That's what I had to do.

4. chipz macrumors member

when inserting a blank DVD no icn appears on desktop-and after a few minutes ejects

Sometimes the drives get "confused". I've experienced the same problem at times. Try turning off the computer for awhile and turn it on at a later time. Sometimes the drive will accept the CDand work properly. Heat seems to be the demon here. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, the drive may be defective.