When iPhone 5 will come out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleHater, Mar 11, 2012.

1. AppleHater macrumors 6502a

Since we've got iPad 3 in the mail, let's start the guessing game on iPhone release date. When do you think it's going to come out? My bet is October, but I hope June, although with Mountain Lion coming out in summer, WWDC may be more like Mountain Lion event and maybe iOS 6. What do you think?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Mountain Lion and iOS 6 at WWDC and iPhone 5 this fall. My predictions...

3. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Late summer, September or late August I would say.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I can't wait.... I have the 4S now, but I plan on upgrading my other phone. I hoping for a larger screen and revamp design. I wish for summer, but I expect Oct.

6. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Didn't you get the memo? It's no longer iPhone 5, 5s, 6, etc... its simply "iPhone"

7. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I'll go with us returning to the June/July release window, with a possible TV or iPad Nano in he fall.

8. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I just CRINGE anytime I hear people call it the iPhone 5. I've said it before and I'll say it yet again: the next phone will be Apple's sixth generation iPhone. There's no way in hell they're gonna put a 5 on what is their sixth phone. And now that the numeric surname has been dropped off the iPad, it's an even safer bet to say there will NEVER be an iPhone 5.

They'll call it the iPhone PooPoo before they call it the iPhone 5. Trust! :p

9. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

I'm hoping for June not this Fall. They are already behind other phones that have been offering 4G for awhile now. I want a 4G phone and a larger screen so if they don't launch it this Summer, I may go with something else.

10. andyx3x macrumors 65816

11. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

"the new iPhone" will be rumored for october-november. but who's really to say? Just hope that day comes soon because I want one!:apple:

12. cherrykate macrumors newbie

When iPhone 5 will come out

Someone said, iPhone 5 is coming out in this autumn.:D

13. aztooh macrumors 6502a

You could very well be correct in saying there will never be an iPhone named "iPhone 5", but the your logic behind it is completely flawed.

14. Vorpal279 macrumors member

Yep. I think Apple is starting to get away from numbers and monikers behind their mobile device names. They don't do it for computers.

15. atomicbloke macrumors member

16. barryl85 macrumors regular

Your logic is borderline retarded.

There's clearly no way in hell they would put a number 4(s) on their 5th iPhone model right?

Only Apple know what it will be called.

17. cynics macrumors G4

I might buy one outright if it has a bigger screen and LTE. I definitely will if it has that stuff plus NFC.

I'm betting on November that way I'm unlikely to be disappointed.

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm hoping for a summer time release as well. I think for the phone, it makes a lot of sense.

Time will tell however.

19. barryl85 macrumors regular

I'm hoping end of June.

Everyone who got an iPhone 4 release day with a 24 month contract will be due to renew end of June.

If Apple hold off till October there is a chance (myself included) that they wont get the business from those in that scenario as they may find another handset from a different manufacturer in the 4 months of waiting for the next iPhone.

I mean with all the quad core, larger screen, better camera, better graphics competitor phones on the market - its highly appealing, especially when you know the next iOS probably wont be groundbreakingly (even although this isn't a bad thing) different so it may appeal to some to try something different.

Not to mention by October the 4S will be even more dinosaur, they should be pushing to get their next iPhone on the market

20. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

And I cringe when this tired argument comes up. It's likely 99% of iPhone buyers know how many preceeding phones there have been. If the next iPhone is calles the 5 then the masses will know "5 > 4S". They could always call it the New iPhone.

OP, I think there will likely be ~12 months or more between upgrades. The current generation sell well, even up to just before a new release. As Apple can make a profit by not rettoling produciton lines, there is little incentive (short of a competitor upping the ante significantly) for them to upgrade. And in terms of features, the platform is maturing and most advances are evolutionary, rather than revolutionary. Most advances come from the iOS side of development now. In addition, people would howl with a short interval release.

21. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    In June, at WWDC iOS 6 and ML will officially be previewed. Then the next iPhone, iOS 6 and ML will all be released within a couple weeks of each other in... My guess, september.

As for the name. I think it will go back to iPhone. I don't really want them to call it iPhone 5. But there's no way they'd call it iPhone 6. Everyone would wonder where the iPhone 5 was. Maybe iPhone LTE? Or some other descriptive name based on the features

22. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I love when people say this.

Like some big wig at Apple is sitting in Cupertino reading MacRumors saying "uh oh, barryl85 is threatening to get another phone if we don't release the next iPhone this summer. Call China and put a rush on it!"

You, and everyone else, will wait for the next iPhone whenever it's released. You know it and Apple knows it.

23. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

So when are you saying the iPhone 5 will be out? :D

Oh yeah, and don't trust anyone who shoots a 26 caliber, they're just plain old weird. ;)

24. barryl85 macrumors regular

Hmm you seem to be twisting this a little considering what I wrote was my own opinion. And you are obviously unaware of how many people are probably in the same situation as myself.

Are you trying to say everyone will be happy to wait 5 extra months on the next iPhone? (technically 6months for me as i'm eligible to upgrade a month early).

So that means my iPhone 4 contract would be as well being a 29 month contract?

You really think i'm going to wait on the next iPhone? Hmmm you can obviously read my mind, or didn't I just write that I would be shopping around if it is being held back to October.

25. CmdrThor macrumors member

Seems to be what happened with 3GS users and the 4S. Pretty sure that extra 5 month wait for them didn't hurt Apple much considering how well the 4S has been selling.

"The New iPhone" will be out around the October timeframe.