Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
From what I understand no ones MicroCell is working with the new iPhone 5. The lower light (bars) on my MicroCell just blinks and blinks and it is not providing any signal to my phone. This has been going on for days. :mad:

Anyone else having the same problems. This is kinda cr^p for planning from AT&T. :rolleyes:

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
"When is AT&T going to fix their MicroCells !!!"

Perhaps you should contact AT&T. Its their equipment and no one here can give you an answer

jmelrose

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2004
Orlando, FL
My Microcell works fine. I unplugged for 5 minutes, plugged it back in, powered the phone on and off, and it picks it up now: "Microcell 4G"

This is with my iPhone 5 and our iPhone 4 in the house.

So now you have a new understanding. Enjoy.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
AT&T knows about the issue. All the new registrations overwhelmed their system.
Some have reported success by removing and reseting their nano sim in the iPhone 5.

Hope it resolves soon.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012

Perhaps you should contact AT&T. Its their equipment and no one here can give you an answer

Perhaps you could just move on:p

----------

AT&T knows about the issue. All the new registrations overwhelmed their system.
Some have reported success by removing and reseting their nano sim in the iPhone 5.

Hope it resolves soon.

Well I have done the unplug for 5 minutes but have not pulled and reinserted my SIM. Thanks, I will give it a shot.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Now, now.....

You did ask a question that no one could answer but AT&T. Don't get huffy. Just ask the correct question, like "Is anyone having issues with the MicroCells"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 8.10.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 8.10.26 AM.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 87

jeffm5690

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
The Fix

Min works fine now. You need to log in to the microcell and de-activate it. After deactivating, log out. Log back in and activate your microcell. Re enter the serial... Wait about 45 minutes while the new software is uploaded and activated. From there, reboot your iPhone 5... Viola!!!

abtm

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
From what I understand no ones MicroCell is working with the new iPhone 5. The lower light (bars) on my MicroCell just blinks and blinks and it is not providing any signal to my phone. This has been going on for days. :mad:

Anyone else having the same problems. This is kinda cr^p for planning from AT&T. :rolleyes:

I am using an AT&T Microcell and get fantastic coverage with it on my iPhone 5. Deactivate yours from your account. Power cycle it and then add it back. It needs a software update to work w/ iPhone 5.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Probably never. I gave up on the Microcell when it broke with the 4s. AT&T refused to fix it and said its out of warranty. I worked perfect with my 4. Now I just gave up on AT&T all together and switched to Verizon where I don't need band aids to get good call quality.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows

Because when you call AT&T you get many different answers?
Because he wants someone to commiserate with him?

There are multiple threads about every issue. Why are folks here complaining about Best Buy, rather than calling them. Why are folks complaining here about wifi, rather than calling apple? It's what folks do when they want support, when they can't get it from the folks responsible.

Dominar

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Northernmost NY State
Probably never. I gave up on the Microcell when it broke with the 4s. AT&T refused to fix it and said its out of warranty. I worked perfect with my 4. Now I just gave up on AT&T all together and switched to Verizon where I don't need band aids to get good call quality.

Amen! I did the same thing. I've been struggling with AT&T since the iPhone 3G. I even gave up my unlimited plan because the service was actually getting worse in the last few months.

LSUMaze

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2010
Michigan
Actually mine works fine as well... However, I was with Apple on the phone today 4 times and they had a hard time hearing me, although my phone was showing full reception!! They had to call me back twice and my voice was still breaking, and the microcell was showing full reception all thru!

Cartaphilus

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
My microcell isn't recognizing my iP5, so I called AT&T today. After trying a few things the rep escalated and I was ultimately told Apple and AT&T are working on fixing the "software" on the 5's, and that I will get a text when it's resolved, or on Tuesday.

I tried all the steps that worked for others, and my wife's 4S works fine on it.

Just adding to the database.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
My microcell isn't recognizing my iP5, so I called AT&T today. After trying a few things the rep escalated and I was ultimately told Apple and AT&T are working on fixing the "software" on the 5's, and that I will get a text when it's resolved, or on Tuesday.

I tried all the steps that worked for others, and my wife's 4S works fine on it.

Just adding to the database.

AT&T told me it was a Cisco software update they needed for the M-Cells. Not sure if that's true, but my only fix is turning on Airplane mode and turning it off again. Then the M-Cell connects, but it doesn't always stay connected. Especially if I leave my condo. I have to re-do that each time. It's very annoying :rolleyes:

PrestonWard

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
AT&T told me it was a Cisco software update they needed for the M-Cells. Not sure if that's true, but my only fix is turning on Airplane mode and turning it off again. Then the M-Cell connects, but it doesn't always stay connected. Especially if I leave my condo. I have to re-do that each time. It's very annoying :rolleyes:

i havent had any issues with my iphone 5 connecting. It does so automatically when it gets in range

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011

I would recommend you unplug your microcell for about a minute then plug it back in. While it is powering back up it should get the latest software version. Also, I would disable auto handout. My iPhone 5 and 4s stay connected to my microcell whenever I am home and when I return connects automatically.

Prior to the software update on my iPhone 4S it would loose connection with microcell and I would have to toggle airplane mode to connect to microcell.

If you still have issues I would recommend deactivating the microcell and reactivate it again. This will indeed force a software update.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I found a fix for my AT&T Microcell. Is called switching to Verizon so you don't need one.

I honestly can't tell you whether it would help you, but around here I have almost zero dead spots. I may have dropped a call once here since I switched about a year ago.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
At my fiances house, reception is crap, so i got a mcell for over there.

i wanna say maybe the day of and day after the iphone 5 release, i couldnt connect to it with my 5.

After a couple days, it connected and its been all good.

I did nothing to get it to work. Probably updated itself.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
A "search" must have woke up this old thread. Anyone still having problems, they need only install the update to their microcell and it works fine with the iPhone 5.

My only complaint is that my 5 has FULL bars all over my property, yet it uses way more battery battery power that regular cellular. My reception is great and I miss no calls or data. Without my microcell, I would have one bar or less.

It is worth getting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.