When is the Macbook pro 13.3" being upgraded... or should i buy now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vpvaldiv, Oct 29, 2010.

  1. vpvaldiv macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2010
    #1
    Hi, i have been waiting about two months to buy a Macbook pro 13.3"
    but i dont know if i should buy it now, or wait till the new one comes up.
    i understand that the last upgrade was about april 10' so i think
    that the old intek core 2 duo should be about to be dead. however i noticed that Mac offered an upgrade for the 15 anb 17 inche version to the i7 or something. please advice me waht to do or how much longer do you think is it gonna take for the to upgrade the 13.3" cause i dont wanna buy it know and in a month or two later the upgrade comes on.:confused:
     
  2. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #2
    Buy now, if you need it now.
    Wait, if you can wait.

    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

    And update to the MBP line is not expected to happen before January 2011 or Q1/2011, when Intel releases Sandy Bridge for mobile CPUs.

    The 13" MBP still uses a C2D CPU, because Intel has not licensed its iX core CPUs to be used with other chipsets than its own, thus leaving Nvidia out of the iX game regarding chipsets and integrated GPUs and the 13" is too small to accommodate a dedicated GPU.

    But if you use MRoogle you will find hundreds of threads asking the same questions.

    MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.
     
  3. 7thMac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    #3
    The current model is a great computer. I have one and it's fine for me but I don't game or do video editing. For everything else that I do it flies. Like the previous poster said, if you need it now, just buy it. If you don't need it now, save your money and see what happens.
     
  4. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #4
    I too am waiting but as spinnerlys posted,because of the whole nvidia/intel spat and licensing. This has held up the i3/i5 inclusion in the 13" MBP.

    Hopefully in early 2011 we'll see something better but so far its just a waiting game.
     
  5. vpvaldiv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2010
    #5
    geee...

    i really thank you for your recomendations...
    welll since my intentions for the macbook pro
    are mostly for djing, music studio, and school,
    i am guessing ill need still a better processor dont you think?

    i think i could wait for january to see what happens,
    i have been waiting for two months i think i can do to more,
    and still have my old Pc running so i think i could be fine,
    hopefully they do this before christmas but dont think so huh?
     

Share This Page