When is the next opportunity for Apple to announce new iMacs?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by NJRonbo, Sep 13, 2012.

1. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

I asked this question deep within another thread but people are quarreling in it, so I thought I would start a totally new thread.

Yes, I understand people are upset that new iMacs were not announced yesterday. However, I am very confident we are only a month or so away from an announcement of some sort...

....which brings me to my question...

Is anyone hearing of another press event like yesterday to announce more product?

We all know the rumors of the iPad Mini, and I am hoping that those rumors are true and that the iMacs will be announced alongside them.

Is Apple most likely going to put together yet another huge press announcement a month later -or- will we just wake up one morning to a press release announcing a new line of iMacs (if that is to be the case)?

Any speculation?

2. Rudy69 macrumors 6502a

Rudy69

Any time on their site (it's been done before)

or

At the iPad mini event (if that's true)

3. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Just to give it some perspective.. the iMac hasn't had a press event in the Intel era. They're far more likely to just show up on the Apple Store on some Tuesday between now and about Nov 11, with the probability clustered around Oct 9.

4. mjNJ macrumors newbie

It will be September 25th

Checked several stores in NJ area for availability for 21.5" iMac, online. They all say available on September 25th, or for delivery option it says delivered between Sept. 21-25

5. Flood123 macrumors 6502a

Flood123

I really hope they have something great planned. It's funny I hear people talking about the current model being outdated tech. By the time these new iMacs are released it too will be old(ish) tech. Just a bit humorous. I hope the have something up their sleeves that will offset that fact a tad.

6. 22mac macrumors member

7. sucramdi macrumors member

Actually the original aluminum iMacs did. Either way it'll likely be quietly updated on the web site.

8. 22mac macrumors member

There's lots of rumors I have been seeing about iMac and Macbook shipping out. This could mean both get a update around the same time end of september/october