when it's iphone 5 time....any tips on getting the most $ for my 4s to put towards 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Dec 6, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

i used my contract on the 4s (first i phone) just curious approximately how much i'll be able to get for it to put towards the 5 at full price....i know you long time iphone users have a good idea on how much they'll go for...and if i should sell it a few months early, and if ebay is my best bet to get the most. any tips will be appreciated :)

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

it's reall hard to tell until we all see how much of an improvement the 5 is over the 4s.

You're kinda early but I guess you can take a look at what the 4 is going for compared to what improvements the 4s has then look at the rumored upgrades to the 5 and have a guess...

3. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Even if i keep the 4s which I might do unless something astonishing is released. I mean I got the dual core processor and assumin the 5 is 4g I imagine a decrease in battery life. Then again I have unlimited data so I might as well take advantage of that with 4g...so we shall see

4. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

I have only sold my 3G but I got $285 on Ebay with some accessories. Best recommendations to get the most for your iPhone IMO would be:

*Protect it from scratches by getting a case and screen protectors so when the time comes to sell it its in mint condition with no scratches.

*Keep everything your iPhone came with such as the box, earbuds and documents, not sure why but people really like it when the original box and documents come with the iPhone.

*Jailbreak and unlock(if you are with at&t) some people don't know how to jailbreak, don't want to go through the hassle of jailbreaking or are with another company such as T-mobile and would like an iPhone that works with their company. Just make sure your phone is restored before you sell it.

*If you have some accessories that you don't plan to use with your next iPhone, include them, an iPhone with extra goodies sells for a bit more than just the phone (if its in mint condition)

Those are the only ones I can think right off the bat. Also I would hold off on selling it until an official announcement has been made for the next iPhone.

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

6. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

My bumper is all I have and it still looks phenomenal

7. hizzaah macrumors 6502

You haven't had it that long.. I'd invest in at least a screen protector. Better than just relying on a bumper if you're hoping for maximum resell value

8. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

i use lifeproof case..will be new when i take it out in 2 years.