When One Purchases the iPhone 4 at an Apple Store...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HowBoutIt?, Nov 13, 2011.

1. HowBoutIt? macrumors member

Hey-
    I read on the Apple website that you can set up an appointment (even if your carrier is Verizon, Sprint, etc.) to purchase the new iPhone, have it connected with the plan you currently have and activate it. does anybody know if they charge for the activation? I have Verizon and the iPhone 4 I want will not be available until 12/10 so I was thinking about getting it at the Apple Store since they can connect into Verizon accounts, but Verizon is giving free activation. On the Apple page to set an appointment to get your iPhone 4 and activation, it does not say if they charge for this service (especially the activation). Does anybody know? Also if I have a rebate through Verizon will Apple give me this rebate if I use this service since they offer this service to Verizon customers too.

Any suggestions on the size a new iPhone user should get? I have no idea what 64 GB is compared to the smallest 8 or 9 GB I think it is.

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

I would guess they won't honor rebates through Apple.

64Gbs is 46Gbs more then the 8Gb model (there is no 9). We have several threads that talk about how much you need based on how many movies/songs and such you want on your phone at once.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The activation fee is charged by the carrier, not by Apple. You will not be charged the carrier activation fee when you purchase the phone; it will show up on your first monthly bill from the carrier.

4. Merkie macrumors 68020

Lol. As if "activating" your iPhone actually does something that is required to make it work. Ofcourse not.

64GB is about 8 times (give or take, you never know) more storage capacity than 8GB.

5. HowBoutIt? thread starter macrumors member

Verizon is giving free activations on iPhones

Verizon is giving "free activations" for iPhone at this time, that is why I was curious if Apple charges for activation or anything besides the phone at the time you go and pick it up (and they activate it for you too).