When Romney Wins

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by imahawki, Oct 8, 2012.

?

What will you do when Romney wins?

1. Accept it as the will of the people, as it was when Obama won.

65 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Claim vote suppression and fraud.

7 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Actually move to Canada/UK/wherever I claim I'm going to move if he wins.

19 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. imahawki macrumors 6502a

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I shall be surprised that you could change your minds as fast as he does.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

well it if is very close in a few key states and those states passed laws for voter sepression there is a strong case.

It already pretty clear the GOP is willing to lie, cheat and steal to win the election.

A question to ask people like the OP what will the GOP scream when Obama wins.

4. imahawki thread starter macrumors 6502a

So did you vote that way since you're already assuming there will be voter suppression?

5. Fazzy macrumors 6502

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

It was already attempted in a few places, Pennsylvania being one of them but a judge blocked it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444004704578032211743100582.html

While it masquerades as a "Voter ID law" everyone knows what it really is. Also I don't object to an ID based system, if ID's are required citizens should be allowed much more time to obtain them.

7. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

OP- you know something we don't? I have no idea who will win. Where did you get your inside information? Are you an assistant for Mitch McConnell? Secretary for Reince Priebus? Perhaps a member of the Pennsylvania Republican Party who has ensured a Romney win through voter supression (update- you lost that one last week)?

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Doesn't bother or effect me much, but if you guys let that total moron Romney get into power, I pity you.

9. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

He's Illuminati, and that's all you need to know. [​IMG]

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

IF
    ...Romney wins, how in the world would we know if we're going to complain about voter suppression or anything else shady, if we don't know the margin of victory, the polls vs. the results, etc.? The idea that we'd plan a reaction before we even have any data exhibits your disdain for the opposition. Apparently you'd think that way, but we certainly don't.

This is a pointless idea for a topic, although the braggadocio of the title certainly leaves the OP open for mockery once the election is over.

12. AhmedFaisal, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

14. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I live in Texas so my vote for president is worthless. That being said I am registered to vote in a competitive district so my vote will matter for congress and the state is trying to do supression on the minority votes.

and I ask again what are you going to say when Obama wins? That it was voter fraud?

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That would be very scary as the US would cease to be a free country once the GOP got hold of it again. We would see religion injected into more laws than ever before, the Supreme court would be stacked with idealogues and I would kiss my rights goodbye for the rest of my life.

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

17. TSE macrumors 68030

I really don't know what I'd do. But he's not going to win. Honestly I'd rather have George Bush as President over him. At least while he did everything wrong, he did it transparently. Romney is just... no.

18. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

And the democrats aren't lying??

19. vega07 macrumors 65816

Why do conservatives on this forum like to use moral equivalencies so much?

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Because they know how crappy the GOP is, and they know they're indefensible.

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It would depend, if its a clear win then obviously I would accept it, but if it's a vote like 2000 where the guy who won the popular vote lost the election then yeah I would complain. Of course I'm already living outside of the country so a Romney win would just further convince me that I don't want to go back to the US.

22. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

23. leenak macrumors 68020

I highly doubt he will win but maybe that is wishful thinking. If he does win, I think, to me at least, it signals that our country is moving in the wrong direction much as we saw in the 2010 elections. Does that mean that despite living in a country that I don't think has government officials that represent the interests of the people that I'd move elsewhere? No, I'd hope that our country could turn around in a few years and get rid of elected officials that pander to the tea party.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- that was so wrong. The English language lacks words for just how disgusting that was.