When should I sell my iPhone 4???

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by tmanto02, Aug 31, 2011.

1. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Hey guys,

Like many, I cannot wait until the iphone 5 drops. I am still under contract for quite a while with my current iPhone 4.

When do you think would be the best time to sell it on ebay in order to fetch the best price?? Now while Iphone 5 news is under wraps or closer to the launch date? I plan to buy the iPhone 5 outright

:D:D:D

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

I think I will wait a little longer, I dont think I could live without my Iphone for a month. I know its sad

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I haven't sold mine yet either. It's going on ebay once I hear rumors of Apple planning to announce an event. I have an upgrade though.

5. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Why sell it? To get a dual-core processor in the iP5? I don't trade phones off that way. The A4 is plenty fast for phone calls, texts, picture/moving taking and web browsing + applications. Once the iP5 is announced I will throw in the towel and quit showing my phone off and place it in an Otterbox Defender for the rest of its service time. I plan on getting at least another two years of good use out of this expensive gadget. That should give AT&T LTE plenty of time to roll out and reach my area.

6. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I need to sell my iPhone as well...but I don't know what to do in the interim. I have Verizon and don't have a spare Verizon phone...

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

You can sell the phones for quite a bit of money. I actually normally make a profit each upgrade cycle.

8. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Well I'm personally waiting to see what the iPhone 5 is going to be before making this decision.

You might get a better price now vs. post iPhone 5 unveiling however keep in mind that if you iPhone 4 is in good physical condition there will be a very strong market for it.

My suggestion: Sell you iPhone 4 on Craigslist (if you live in the States) once you know you will upgrade. Otherwise what are you going to use for a phone as you wait for iPhone 5?

Also from personally experience you can get good money if you sell on Craigslist. I went this route when I sold my iPhone 3G and I'll do it again for my iPhone 4 if I elect to upgrade.

(And if you still plan on using Ebay, I still say wait until iPhone 5 is available.)