When Star Trek and campaign 2008 collide

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RacerX, Apr 9, 2008.

1. RacerX macrumors 65832

NOTE: I'm posting this here because it deals with
    politics even though it isn't meant to be political.

So I'm a member of a Star Trek forum and we have a Photoshop thread over there. Within that thread someone ask for some images that placed the current candidates into the Star Trek Universe, and I thought it sounded like a fun challenge. I figured I would share them with you guys as well.

One thing... keep in mind that I was doing these images while working a tight schedule, so I wasn't able to put nearly as much time into them as I would have liked. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways, if you were wondering how us Trekkies approach politics, now you know! :eek:

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

The Obama and McCain ones are especially nice.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Not good, 1st you have Obama wearing the red suit of star trek death meaning he is a expendable character, 2nd you have McCain in the capts uniform. He should be wearing a diaper and a bib and following Bush around since he's been kissing his rear end as much as he can. Reverse the uniforms.:D Thats better

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

6. RacerX thread starter macrumors 65832

I actually used the same character for both Obama and McCain... Commodore Stone (portrayed by Percy Rodrigues). I always felt that his body language conveyed a commanding presence more than any other guest character, so when trying to portray each candidate in the best possible way, he was my first choice for both (although I originally looked for someone else for Obama as he seemed taller than Rodrigues... but I ended up fixing that in the image :D ).

All these images are from the first season of Trek, before red started having the negative inference that it got later. The number of people who were lost wearing red in the first season wasn't any higher than any other color. That really started becoming an issue in the second season.

Yeah, in the first season a security guard wearing red actually had a pretty good chance of surviving an episode.

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You should do more, have you seen any of the updated original star trek with the new updated graphics? Enterprise looks great.

8. RacerX thread starter macrumors 65832

They've done a really good job on it... specially considering the limited budget that CBS gave them to work with.

And yeah, I've done a number of alterations... only the above were dealing with politics in any way. Here are a few examples of other modifications...

Black Uniforms
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Coffee shop uniforms
    [​IMG]

Lt. Kirk and Academy Kirk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New Kirk meets old Kirk
    [​IMG]

Original actor (Robert Ryan) intended
    to play Commodore Decker

[​IMG]

I've actually spent most of my (Trek related) free time playing with ideas for deck plans of the original Enterprise, which surprisingly has been pretty popular (specially when you take into consideration that I've only been sketching out my ideas so far).

9. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

10. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
  11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I would have though people would have stuffed John McCain's head onto the images of Christopher Pike in his wheelchair.