When taking a pic

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
Hello People, I have a 5s and I was wondering when taking a pic with the flash on why does it take such a long time for the pic to click? As soon as I hit the middle button to take the pic a takes a few seconds longer.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
The delay is due to the to the LED light having to illuminate the subject and then the camera "looking at the subject" to set the required exposure. The LED light is consistant in output so the camera has to adjust for exposure and focus.:apple:

I a normal digital camera the Xeon Flash speed is regulated, an advantage the iPhone/LED light can not take.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
The delay is due to the to the LED light having to illuminate the subject and then the camera "looking at the subject" to set the required exposure. The LED light is consistant in output so the camera has to adjust for exposure and focus.:apple:

I a normal digital camera the Xeon Flash speed is regulated, an advantage the iPhone/LED light can not take.
Ok that's cool.

----------

The iPhone 5s has true tone flash so it has over 1,000 color combinations it's just finding the right one.
Thanks for the help

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
With 2 small children, this delay has cost me several "good" photos. I understand what the camera/flash is doing, but c'mon. The delay IMO is way too long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.