When The Apple Store Gives You A New Phone. Do They...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMas70, Mar 18, 2013.

1. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

I have a dot on the screen when I take pictures/video. It's not on the lens. So the Apple store is supposed to give me a new one today. Do they just give me a phone or do I get the complete box with accessories? I'm missing my earbuds so it would be nice to get a set without having to buy them.

Thanks!

2. bradkb macrumors member

You get a white box phone, no accessories, just the handset.

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

bardkb is correct. However, if you need to buy new headphones anyway--I wouldn't suggest you go with the Apple version. Apple just doesn't do headphones that well.

Spend a bit more and go with another set in the store. I like the RHA ones.

4. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I second, this except I would probably look online. You can find way better sounding headphones with a mic/volume control around the same price as the Apple ones.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Not sure why they would give you a free pair of headphones, but no, you'll just get the phone back.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

You don't even get the box, just the phone. They're assuming you have everything that came with it already so there's no reason to give you extra free accessories.

7. Chris092881 macrumors 6502

Don't you know, it's an Apple product. Therefore it should be free for him. I swear, it's like an attitude around here.

8. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I expect a free unicorn with each new phone purchase.

9. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey, you never know. Didn't know if they just swap phones or if it would the whole box like the original one came in. Would have been nice to get a set of headphones, another cable ect...

10. chrscap macrumors regular

When a warranty replacement takes place, there is only phone swapping. No accessories - no box. You want Apple accessories? Sure you can buy some, they're not going to hand out free accessories when they have some on the shelf for sale.

11. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

It would be nice yes
    They'd probably go bust in a month if they did this.