When the court is going to force Apple to do something about the keyboard in MBP 2017?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hajime, Jun 7, 2018.

1. hajime macrumors 601

Hello, went to Apple Store today. Chatted with a sales about the MBP 2017 keyboard. He said that Apple has not announced if the issues are caused by dirt or heat. When the court is going to force Apple to release the truth and do something about it? Perhaps free replacement of an improved keyboard and also 30% for the next purchase of MBP?

2. Glmnet1 macrumors 6502a

Maybe

Not going to happen

3. John Yester macrumors newbie

John Yester

These things take months or even years to go through the system.

4. Closingracer macrumors 68040

A court can’t do anything because nothing has been found wrong legally yet . So how expect a court to do anything ?

5. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

If it’s anything like my iMac G5, your computer will probably be long disposed of before a ruling gets your keyboard fixed.

By the time Apple was forced to admit that there was a manufacturing defect in my iMac G5, I had already been forced to replace the machine so I could be productive. As many of their computers were problematic at the time, I replaced it with a Windows PC while I waited for them to produce a computer without defect. Which turned out to be the Mac Pro in my signature.

6. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks. So it is hopeless then. Going to buy a Windows laptop and Hackintosh then.

7. Pangalactic macrumors 6502

Pangalactic

It's probably gonna be like the Apple vs Samsung battle. Lawsuit for a year, Apple disputes it, goes on for another year, Apple disputes it again, goes on for another year, and the lawsuit gets dropped cause everyone has telekinesis and keyboard's haven't been used for the past 10 years