When the Going Gets Tough - Trump Has a Rally

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jun 19, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Clearly this week he needs to retreat to a safe space among his "followers" who will lavish praise on him. There's a few words for that...

DgEFtLxX4AEQ62F.jpg

2. IWantItThatWay Suspended

I actually agree with this. No rallies right now Trump. Focus on the job. If he wants to do rallies, he can wait til October when the midterms are coming up. There are more important things like the wall, budget, etc. etc.

3. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Nothing is more important to Trump than ego gratification.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

lol ... he's just reminding Democrats what they're up against in 2020.

k3WfHbp.jpg

5. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Yeah but at least he doesn't lie like the media/Democrats do.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You're kidding, right? Oh wait - you aren't. That's just incredibly sad.

7. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Yeah you're right. He lies much more often. You think about the Democrats more than Trump. Who is paying who?

8. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

FYI, I don't deny that Trump has fans and can draw a lot of them to his rallies, but this picture is not the best example, since most of the attendees in that case were Liberty University students who were required by the school to attend.

9. IWantItThatWay Suspended

I have never seen a group lie as much as they have the past 3 days about "family separation." From literally showing a 2014 photo and blaming it on Trump to saying an ICE border agent had an Iron Cross tattoo (reality it was a Navy Cross tattoo) the lies are getting more intense and scary.

10. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Then obviously you haven't been around for very long. Trump, since he is the greatest at everything, must be the greatest liar by quantity. Also, you should ask for payment from the Democrats.

11. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Trump is good at triggering hypocritical leftists, that's for sure.

12. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

lol, try this one then... the main thing that is consistent with a Trump rally, literally thousands and thousands show up.

expect the 2020 crowds to be even bigger :cool:

crowd-26.jpg

13. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Since you mentioned hypocrites, the evangelicals that support Trump have to shower 3 times a day lol.

14. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

:D:D:D Ha, that's a good one.:D:D:D

15. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I don’t think that’s what’s happening here. His campaign advisers are just mimicking the Reagan strategy of just campaigning continually throughout the first term.

16. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

This has been on the schedule for a while. But we almost went Trump in the presidential election. And Hillary stupidly took the state for granted and didn’t hold one rally here.

Of course I remember when Republicans criticized Obama for all the campaign rallies he had. That was back when I was still a Republican. But since the Republicans have become the party of the ends justify the means and anything you can do I can do worse I’m not surprise they support these Trump rallies. Anything to make the libs mad.

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

We'll see. Trump didn't win the election because of his base. He won because of the people who didn't want Hillary and/or wanted something different. Has Trump increased his base? Not sure. But if he hasn't - he isn't a lock despite his rally attendance.

18. IWantItThatWay Suspended

I think this "separation of children" issue is going to help Trump. It's opening up a lot of people's eyes on the media lies and manipulation.

19. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Um, I just saw a poll the other day (I think it was CNN) that had support for this policy amongst Republicans at only 55%. Ted Cruz and Mark Meadows (both hawks on immigration) have introduced bills to deal with this specific issue and keep families together. That alone tells you all you need to know about how this is playing across the country.

20. IWantItThatWay Suspended

A lot of people are being waken up that Obama was doing this as well. For example, you had no clue Obama was doing this for years. The media successfully brainwashed you (and yes, that's what they're doing).

If Trump wasn't an idiot, he'd start retweeting all the lies the media has been saying about this instead of muh MS-13.

21. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

He did pickup a bunch of Bernie voters when they found out the DNC rigged it for Bernie to lose and Hillary to win.

After that came out and we were watching Bernie beg his supporters to vote for Hillary... it was obvious, they weren't going for that BS crap anyway.

Another factor for 2020, we won't be seeing Donna B. feeding debate questions either.

Has Trump increased his base? ... I would bet money that he has.

22. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Not so sure. Also - if you think the debate questions in question had an impact, I'm going to call you out on that and just laugh.

23. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Actually what Obama was doing was taking all the unaccompanied kids not separating them from their parents. See 2014 American immigration crisis
    or for the headline only crowd:
    Here I was thinking you were the most rabid Trump fan I know of. ;)

24. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

We finally agree on something. Trump is an idiot.

25. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

no, they never had an impact... Trump crushed Clinton in the debates, regardless.

I'm just saying... the Dems won't have the advantage of knowing the debate questions upfront next time.