When The New iPhone Is Available To Int. Customers on 5th October..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBookPro13", Aug 14, 2012.

1. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Will the shipping times still expected to be 3-4 weeks, on the online store?

I think that is an awful long wait when it is technically available on 21st September, in the UK & the US that I and many more in Ireland (No Apple Store) might not be able to get the phone until mid-November.

Customers on Bill-Pay will probably be able to get the phone but it doesn't come out on Pre-Pay until around December.

I would ideally like for Apple to be able to ship within one week and satisfy the demand quicker. They know there will be fierce demand so production should be doubled up from last year.

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

Depends on the demand and supply. If they have low supply and high demand, you can bet you're going to wait 3 - 4 weeks for it to be delivered from it's factories in China... at least that's what happened with the Retina Macbook pro this year (2 - 3 weeks)

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

the retina pro is way different though. They were extremely unprepared for the amount of orders they received. Iphones they know will sell like crazy and have a much better supply at launch, granted the demand is also much much higher. I think the turn over on the iphones will be a lot better than the retina.

4. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

thats' true.. it's also a brand new line of product too.

I remember the iPhone 4S being more stocked than the iPhone 4 during launch.

5. Tussen69 macrumors regular

the iPhone 4S was announced the 4th of October 2011

Release October 14, 2011 in
    United States (contract only)
    Canada
    Australia
    United Kingdom
    France
    Germany
    Japan

Release October 28, 2011
    Austria
    Belgium
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Finland
    Hungary
    Ireland
    Italy
    Latvia
    Liechtenstein
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    Norway
    Singapore
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland

So lookin at this the iPhone 4S started shipping 10 days after it was announced in the USA and more World Wide 20 days efter it was announced

This means that if the iPhone 5 follows this .

iPhone 5 will be announced September 12, 2012
    Shipping in the US by September 22, 2012
    and then more World Wide in October

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I am pretty sure the iphones went on sale online a few days before the launch date. They arrived on launch date or even early for some people

7. Tussen69 macrumors regular

true ... an it will be the same this time around ..

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I just was pointing out that they technically ship a few days before hand :)

9. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I imagine it must be frustrating but it is all about supply and demand, and with Ireland being a small market it will not be top priority. How close are you to the north? You could try your luck up there.

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Me and my family are not eligible to upgrade till October so hopefully by the time for us to upgrade the demand won't be as high.

11. iPusch macrumors 6502

iPusch

I hope they have as many devices available in stores as possible, otherwise some customers get disappointed after like three months of waiting :eek:

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I know with the 4S they sold out fast within the first day or two, but they kept getting shipments really quick. After those first 2 days, the closest store to me always had them in stock....it was just a matter of waiting for the lines to die down.

13. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

The very south, in Kerry.

Might look into the possibility of buying up in the North though. Would be worth it, to get the phone earlier :)

Thanks!