When The Zombies Attack, ‘Enlightened Males’ Will Be The First To Fall

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jul 20, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/20...-enlightened-males-will-be-the-first-to-fall/
    not sure if I should be happy because I am ready, or sad because I am not enlightened :p
    anyways what is in your B.O.B?

2. Mousse, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016

Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I'm enlightened. Enlightened enough to know a bill hook is superior to a machete; more cutting power with less effort.:cool: I've used both before to clear underbrush. Use a machete? Never again. People brandishing machetes are a bunch of posers who have never cleared an acre of underbrush in their lives.:mad:

Zombie apocalypse? Okaaay....:rolleyes::oops: They eat brains right? I have nothing to fear then.:D

3. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

You know my biggest thing with "the Walking Dead",? Why the hell is no one using a baseball bat? Slicing instruments like axes and knives can get stuck, but a blunt weapon like a bat has reach to keep them away from you, and bludgeons their brains to nothing. Hell, with their skulls softened, you wouldn't even have to swing that hard.

Thanks to the wife and I playing softball, I am prepared with my trusty Slugger.

4. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

An article written by some guy who probably has a Pinterest account with all the cool "zombie apocalypse" gear with Instagram photos of bug-out bags and homesteading projects.

The whole BOB, When **** Hits the Fan subculture is deeply weird in that it's a mix of white power fantasists and gun nuts, mixed with people relearning canning like New York hipsters learning to make their own pickles.

I have in my trunk an "Oh ****" bag, which is a mixture of stuff anyone might need immediately to report on a disaster. So, batteries, boots, an extra pair of pants, socks, underwear, a medical kit, knife, wire-saw, etc.

I also have a Pulaski on a clamp because axes are cool—and useful.

At home, I have a BOB that has some essential gear like a water-filter, medical kit, technical rope rescue gear, etc. just in case. I'm not too worried about water these days because we have a water-harvesting system—which at the moment is just about to explode, it's so full—and the solar array should keep stuff going for a while.

Having reported in disaster zones, I like that people are preparing for a disaster, but a little worried about the guys whose "zombie survival" plan seems to be built on the notion that they should "defend" their stockpiles with buckets of bullets and an arsenal that would get a Marine platoon a little excitable.

The reason is because real survival, at least in the third-world, requires community and resource sharing. But, many of these guys seemed determined to hole up and shoot people.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 20, 2016 ---
    Michonne's katana looks cool, the producers wanted to reserve the baseball bat for Negan, and the folks at Terminus used a bat to kill people.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I don't have a B.O.B :eek:, I figure bugging in is the best option should [​IMG] AND I can always pick up the supplies from every yuppie who died on the trails thinking Gear Grylls was real , the hills/mountains will be littered with the bodies of the posers :D

6. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Yeah, Negan's bat is something special :)

And I must have missed that at terminus. Still figured more people would be using them.

7. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

8. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

You guys are going about this all wrong. If 99% of the world's population has turned zombie, it's incredibly unlikely that you're one of the humans still alive. You aren't Brad Pitt.

Therefore, what you should be preparing for in the event of a zombie apocalypse is to be a zombie.

Your weak spot is your head, and all those damn humans know that. So get a kevlar helmet and keep it handy. Also, you'll need some kind of metallic neck plates to protect from all those people with machetes and that one smug guy with a bill hook--maybe look into medieval armor designs?

Lastly, maybe set up some pits with cans of SPAM at the bottom so you can trap humans or something. You will want a constant supply of fresh brains.

And when you inevitably get that zombie bite? Put on that helmet and neck armor, ASAP, before you turn! Once you turn, you're not really going to have the wherewithal to get that stuff on.

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Zombie Apocalypse? Better drink my own.....