When to buy an iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UBS28, Oct 5, 2012.

  1. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2012
    #1
    A Foxxconn worker expressed his concern on the quality of the iPhone 5 early september before the iPhone was released. And his opinion has proven to be correct.

    This foxxcon employee also suggested to wait till October for the next batch which should be of higher quality. Since he was correct about the quality problems the iPhone 5 is suffering, should I wait a couple of weeks for the next batch of iPhones?
     
  2. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    I didn't wait and my phone is great. If you need one now, buy one now. If you can wait, then wait.
     
  3. nefan65 macrumors 65816

    nefan65

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2009
    #3
    I heard something similar from a McDonald's employee, regarding their fries. Haven't been since.../s

    Seriously, as another posted stated. If you need one now, get it. If not wait. I have the new one and its fine.
     
  4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

    bandofbrothers

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2007
    Location:
    Uk
    #4
    My favourite quote is ;

    If one always waited for whats going to be new out around the corner, then one would never make a purchase at all.
     
  5. RipeRetina macrumors regular

    RipeRetina

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2009
    Location:
    Maryland
    #5
    I did the same. Mine is fine.

    If you are believing the foxconn worker, then wait. Don't worry yourself to death over it, be patient if thats who you want to believe.
     
  6. richmds macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2012
    #6
    I dont see how build quality can increase in one month. Perhaps they were rushed, but that employee never states why. He just said something to effect that 10% were good. Ok why are they good why are the other 90% bad?
    Its hard to believe an anonymous foxxconn worker, if he really is one.
     

Share This Page