When to buy an iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UBS28, Oct 5, 2012.

1. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

A Foxxconn worker expressed his concern on the quality of the iPhone 5 early september before the iPhone was released. And his opinion has proven to be correct.

This foxxcon employee also suggested to wait till October for the next batch which should be of higher quality. Since he was correct about the quality problems the iPhone 5 is suffering, should I wait a couple of weeks for the next batch of iPhones?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I didn't wait and my phone is great. If you need one now, buy one now. If you can wait, then wait.

3. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I heard something similar from a McDonald's employee, regarding their fries. Haven't been since.../s

Seriously, as another posted stated. If you need one now, get it. If not wait. I have the new one and its fine.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

My favourite quote is ;

If one always waited for whats going to be new out around the corner, then one would never make a purchase at all.

5. RipeRetina macrumors regular

RipeRetina

I did the same. Mine is fine.

If you are believing the foxconn worker, then wait. Don't worry yourself to death over it, be patient if thats who you want to believe.

6. richmds macrumors regular

I dont see how build quality can increase in one month. Perhaps they were rushed, but that employee never states why. He just said something to effect that 10% were good. Ok why are they good why are the other 90% bad?
    Its hard to believe an anonymous foxxconn worker, if he really is one.