When to buy an iPhone 5?

UBS28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
A Foxxconn worker expressed his concern on the quality of the iPhone 5 early september before the iPhone was released. And his opinion has proven to be correct.

This foxxcon employee also suggested to wait till October for the next batch which should be of higher quality. Since he was correct about the quality problems the iPhone 5 is suffering, should I wait a couple of weeks for the next batch of iPhones?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I didn't wait and my phone is great. If you need one now, buy one now. If you can wait, then wait.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
I heard something similar from a McDonald's employee, regarding their fries. Haven't been since.../s

Seriously, as another posted stated. If you need one now, get it. If not wait. I have the new one and its fine.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
My favourite quote is ;

If one always waited for whats going to be new out around the corner, then one would never make a purchase at all.

RipeRetina

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
Maryland
I didn't wait and my phone is great. If you need one now, buy one now. If you can wait, then wait.
I did the same. Mine is fine.

If you are believing the foxconn worker, then wait. Don't worry yourself to death over it, be patient if thats who you want to believe.

richmds

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
I dont see how build quality can increase in one month. Perhaps they were rushed, but that employee never states why. He just said something to effect that 10% were good. Ok why are they good why are the other 90% bad?
Its hard to believe an anonymous foxxconn worker, if he really is one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.