When to buy iPhone 5c

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enterprise-D, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Enterprise-D macrumors newbie

Enterprise-D

Hi!

I'm thinking of getting an iPhone 5c for university. Should I wait until the 9th? Is that when Apple would drop the 5c's price if they release the iPhone 6, or would it drop when the iPhone 6 is actually released?

Thanks!

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Only time will tell. It is possible that the 5C price will not drop too much as it could STILL be the "go to" phone for those who want to spend less. Lots of people are wondering about this and some think this "go to" will be a 5S but I am betting on the 5C being the survivor.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd wait - it seems likely that the 5c will replace the 4s as the base model and therefore become cheaper. However, it may only come in 8GB, so if you want a larger capacity I'd probably buy it now.

4. maflynn, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

At this point, why not wait, the 9th is so close.

5. recoil80 macrumors 68000

You only have to wait for 10 days. Even if you're not interested in buying next iPhone wait the event, it is likely they'll reduce the price of current iPhone 5C 8GB model and remove the 4S from their product line.
    If 8GB are not enough for you I'm sure you'll find some deals for the 16 or 32GB models

6. Enterprise-D thread starter macrumors newbie

Enterprise-D

Thanks for your replies :)

My only problem is that I'd rather have my phone sorted before I move in to uni on the 6th :/

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Understandable. Perhaps then get the 5C and depending on what apple does on the 9th return it, or keep it.

8. Enterprise-D thread starter macrumors newbie

Enterprise-D

Good point. Also, I think Apple will refund you the difference in price if they drop it within 14 days:

"Pricing

Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple branded product within fourteen (14) calendar days of the date of purchase, you may request a refund of the difference between the price paid and the current selling price. An original purchase receipt is required and you must request your refund within fourteen (14) calendar days of the price reduction."

(from https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/sales-policies/retail_uk.html)

9. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Are you in the United States?

If so, then: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/06/27/wal-mart-permanently-drops-the-price-of-the-iphone-5c-5s/

10. Enterprise-D thread starter macrumors newbie

Enterprise-D

11. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

The price will drop after the 9th but if you need it now, then get it now