Ok I am new here and also a switcher-to-be. Here is my problem. I am going abroad early Oct. and I need a laptop by then. If I don't have one, I'll kind of be SOL and have to use the highly competitive comp. lab at the research facility (ie type stuff at 2am :-( ). Should I buy a G4 PB now, or wait for the G5 PBs to supposedly come out this summer? I am leery of buying a first gen G5 PB, so how fast does Apple update its products (once problems are reported)? Could it be updated by Sep? My main concerns are: New G5: Although faster, I may have to get a first gen, so liable to problems, heat, etc. Long wait is also probable, and it'll be more expensive than G4 PB. The G4: I could buy it now, and get the extra use out of it for another quarter. But G5 batt life is supposed to be longer, which I need, and it'll be faster, etc.... So should I buy now and get the use out of the lappy for that much longer, or wait till the last minute? I can wait, I don't hate my PC that much. Thanks!