When upgrading through Apple.com, do they give u the option to keep your unlim data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by user-name-here, Sep 12, 2013.

1. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I've never done the upgrade process through Apple.com, but I know on other websites like Amazon.com and BestBuy.com they don't give you the option to keep your unlimited data when upgrading. If anything they force you to pick a new data plan that the carrier currently offers when ordering the phone online, which stinks :(

Does Apple.com let you keep your unlimited data plan when ordering online through their website?

2. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

3. user-name-here thread starter macrumors 65816

YAY! :D

So does it give you the option to select your AT&T unlimited data plan during the ordering process? Or does it simply skip over the data plan portion?

4. user-name-here thread starter macrumors 65816

The main reason I'd like to know is because come the 20th every second is going to be critical in the ordering process and I don't want any surprises.

So does it give you the option to select your AT&T unlimited data plan during the ordering process? Or does it simply skip over the data plan portion?

5. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I now have an iPhone 5 and did a cross upgrade last year. I upgraded on my line with my 4S two years ago with Apple ( preorder) and they let me choose my unlimited plan.

Last year with my cross upgrade the tech screwed up and lost my unlimited plan but AT&T was able to put it back. They say that there are no codes for that but if you lose it by mistake, they can get it back for you.