When using a charging station with the new iPad Pro (2nd generation) should I buy a Apple cable?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by max2, Jul 2, 2017.

1. max2 macrumors 68020

[​IMG]
    This is not the actually charging station I am getting just a example. I am just wondering if I should use the cable that comes with it or buy a second Apple cable ?

2. Shirtin macrumors regular

I have Zeuste Lightning cables which are great and cheap. You can get 3 cables (5 ft) for about $18. Just make sure to press the lightning connector head into the cable if it stops working

3. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

I generally wouldn't waste money on apple branded cables unless it's some weird cable where only the apple one works (none that I know of). Their cables are mediocre quality and overpriced in most cases.

4. Shirtin macrumors regular

That would probably be the lightning to usb c cable for fast charging. Right now I think that is the only cable which will fast charge "knockoffs" just charge 12Watts and sync to the computer

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Regardless of what cables you purchase, you want 'Made For iphone' or MFI certified. Apple cables/accessories are always priced high, but there are less expensive alternatives available.

6. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

From my experience,Apple cables often break near connector,there are great third party cables that's not as vulnerable to wear than Apple original.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I will swear by the Apple cables. In all these years I have never had one go bad.