When will America learn. N Korea issues nuclear threat.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by niuniu, Jul 24, 2010.

1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Lets face it, America is a baby with a gun. If they can't reach a diplomatic solution in a short period of time they decide to heighten tensions instead of letting things cool off.

I don't think NK have nuclear weapons, but the fact that America is capable of pushing a nation to this extent shows you how dangerous America is to world peace.

We need to sanction America, and remove their diplomats and foreign officials from around the world and let non-American diplomats who represent a country less despised around the world do the hard work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10748148

And I don't trust that investigation that claimed 'overwhelming' positively that NK sank that ship - some grade A nonsense going on with that. They even managed to dig up a North Korean torpedo motor and display it in a glass box. Hilarious if it wasn't so reckless.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

huh? NK tested a nuclear bomb a 4 years ago and more since then. What makes you think they do not have weapons again?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/09/world/asia/09korea.html

3. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

The article states that NK "says" that they have tested a nuclear bomb. They also say that Kim Jong-Il is God. I wouldn't lend much credit to what they say. :)

4. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Money really. It costs a lot to maintain a nuclear program, maybe they do, maybe they don't. Personally I don't think they're fully capable.

----------------------

Oh and I point I missed earlier - Obama was given a Nobel Peace prize! The same guy that's playing wargames in Asia :rolleyes:

5. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

It costs a lot of money to maintain a nuclear program if done safely. I am sure safety of NK is Kims first priority.

6. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

And who would help supply the tech for their program? China is their only ally, and China only hamfeed them because they don't want NK citizens spilling over across the border. NK's do do tests, but look at the state of some of them.

7. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Who?
    USA, UK, Russia.
    Universities welcome students from abroad.
    Iran is enriching uranium. The technology is out there and can easily be purchased.

There is no need for accuracy when it comes to nuclear tests. IMO the NK are not so much concerned with accuracy, how pretty the delivery vehicle is but the fact something can be sent to American soil and produce a mushroom cloud. More on a terrorist level than a military weapon. again JMO.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The North Korean government should be utterly destroyed.

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

LOL are you off your rocker? Its increasingly obvious that these sorts of threads are not motivated by anything rational anymore. Just a strange and silent "I hate America" mantra, repeating over and over.

10. Queso macrumors G4

Do they even have a government? I thought it was just Kim and his army running the place (into the ground).

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

That is the govt, a warped dictatorship worshipping a ugly little man who is no more a god then a ant under your foot.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Our good friend Pakistan was instrumental in helping NK develop nuclear weapons capabilities. The idea that NK is making up stories about having nukes is ludicrous. They have them, we have detected seismic and airborne evidence that they have detonated some. Reliability is an issue, as at least one test appears to have been at least a partial failure.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

He's made more than one of these threads?:confused:

14. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

:rolleyes:

15. Salacion macrumors 6502a

There will be war. Again. And Again. And Again. That's politics beyatch.

I am tired of presidents, queens and dictators though. Can't we just use the Congress as our primary political system, except this time with smart people?

16. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I seem to recall a number of experts at the time concluding that what NK had actually done was to detonate sufficient conventional explosives to simulate a successful nuclear test. I don't think i know enough to take a position.

17. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

He's from the UK. ;)

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If the US didn't hold that war game with South Korea North Korea would just feel more secure about shooting torpedos at South korean ships sometime in the future again.

There are times and situations where you must show some muscle to make a point. Especially to a nut job like Kim Jong Ill. Or whatever the weirdo's name is.

In the off chance that N. Korea did do something stupid I believe they would find themselves wondering through rubble. And if the US didn't have a presence in S. Korea N. Korea would simply take the south over.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

And the North Korean people?

As demonstrated in Iraq, "destroying" a government comes with a great amount of collateral damage.

It isn't up to us to decide what's best for North Korea.

It's up to the North Koreans to solve their own problems... in their own way.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

21. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Exactly.

22. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Umm, wasn't it North Korea who sunk a South Korean ship a few months ago?

Kim Jong Douchebag needs to shut the hell up and go back to his little hole in the wall country. Threatening a "nuclear attack" isn't going to help you at all, it's just going to make it even difficult to talk to other nations.

And if they actually carried out a nuclear attack... the entire country of North Korea would be a radioactive wasteland for the next century.

23. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

We will never nuke North Korea. Not even considering that it would hurt China, but it would nearly do as much damage to South Korea since they're so close. We'd practically be bombing South Korea at the same time. :(

24. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

That doesn't mean that during the process we should let them walk all over the rest of the world.

What country would do a better job at negotiating with North Korea?

25. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411