When will Best Buy getting iPad 3rd Generation?

Dextor143

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
USA
Guys,
Like many of you, I simply cant wait to order one for myself but my dilemma is that I have about $600 worth of gift cards from Best Buy that I want to utilize to order iPad. I don't want to spend extra money to pre-order with cash and hold the gift cards for future.

Can someone tell me? what do you think the anticipated hold time will be for Best Buy to get iPad?

Thanks

Quazimojo

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Auburn Hills,Mi
Bestbuy will not do pre orders so you will just have to stand in line on March 16th if you want one as that is what i did last year for the iPad 2.

djransom

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Bestbuy will not do pre orders so you will just have to stand in line on March 16th if you want one as that is what i did last year for the iPad 2.
I did the same as well last year @ BB for the iPad 2. I got there about 1PM and I was like 3rd in line. By the time they began selling them about 5PM the line was nuts.

bouldermac

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
My BB let me preorder the iPad2. Came in at the time, stood in line behind 3 people and was done!

eclipseblur954

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
I did the same as well last year @ BB for the iPad 2. I got there about 1PM and I was like 3rd in line. By the time they began selling them about 5PM the line was nuts.
Only difference is this year they'll sell it the moment they open the store on launch day.

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2008
Going to BestBuy at 9am and see if I can pre order ? I would order from Apple but it would have to be delivered by 11:30 am before I go to work and I'm not sure if thats possible ?

eclipseblur954

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
Have they came out and confirmed that this is indeed the case?
They haven't mentioned anything like last year about the 5 PM launch, with preorders available like other apple launches, one would assume they'll be available as soon as the store is open (unless they plan on telling fedex to hold on to packages until a certain time)