When will i be able to buy a new iphone 6s with ios 9.1 out of the box?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ValO, Oct 29, 2015.

1. ValO macrumors 65816

When will i be able to buy a new iphone 6s with ios 9.1 out of the box?
    Or is there anybody that alreay did recently?

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

3. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

I suppose it would guarantee a minimum build week date.....not that that should matter unless they made changes on the Production line.

4. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

My new 6S Plus came with iOS 9.0.2. It took less than 5 minutes to install iOS 9.1. Why wait, when you can enjoy the new iPhone now.....

5. ValO, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015

ValO thread starter macrumors 65816

There are a few issues with the first batch(there always are).
    It doesn' t mean that all first batches have issues, but some of them have it.
    Perhaps apple smoothed a few quircks with a new batch.

Don' t tell me apple doesn' t change things after release. I have a first day iphone 6. After a few weeks the front camera shifted beyond the front glass . Got a new one from the same manufacturing date. after 6 weeks it shifted again.
    Then i got a new iphone 6 again with a manufacturing date 6 weeks later than the first 2 and it was perfect, and remained perfect till now.

That' s why.

6. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

Based on your logic, EVERY launch day phone should have a camera issue, and every phone purchased more than X weeks after launch should be perfect. Clearly neither of those things are true.

7. ValO thread starter macrumors 65816

No, but there are a lot of issues with the shifting of the front camera on the sg iPhone 6. Especially on the first batches. Just Google it.
    This was fixed in later revisions.

I know you all have perfect phones. I don' t question that. But after the fault on my first day iPhone 5(battery, and was not the only one) and my first day 6(front camera, again not the only one). I decided to be more carefull.

With the 6s I read a lot of complaints about home button and random shutting off.

8. melman101 macrumors 68030

No issues here. Perfect phone from day 1 launch.

9. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

So it's not so much that you want 9.1 on your phone, it's that you want a second-wave phone (for lack of a better term)? You'd get better/more useful responses if you state what you're actually looking for.

C

10. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

No it wasn't fixed. You just got lucky. My old 6 I just upgraded was built in September and camera shifted after 2 weeks.

11. ValO thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, i got a September build too. And it shifted. After that I got another September and it shifted. After that I got an October and it did not shift.

12. ValO thread starter macrumors 65816

No, those will be second-wave.(9.2)

And upgraded out of the box is the best bet to get a second wave one.

I can ask " when will the second wave 6s get to the market" .

Do you know the answer then or anybody else?