When will i be able to buy a new iphone 6s with ios 9.1 out of the box?

ValO

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
When will i be able to buy a new iphone 6s with ios 9.1 out of the box?
Or is there anybody that alreay did recently?

Farsider

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
I suppose it would guarantee a minimum build week date.....not that that should matter unless they made changes on the Production line.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
My new 6S Plus came with iOS 9.0.2. It took less than 5 minutes to install iOS 9.1. Why wait, when you can enjoy the new iPhone now.....

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

ValO

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
My new 6S Plus came with iOS 9.0.2. It took less than 5 minutes to install iOS 9.1. Why wait, when you can enjoy the new iPhone now.....
There are a few issues with the first batch(there always are).
It doesn' t mean that all first batches have issues, but some of them have it.
Perhaps apple smoothed a few quircks with a new batch.

Don' t tell me apple doesn' t change things after release. I have a first day iphone 6. After a few weeks the front camera shifted beyond the front glass . Got a new one from the same manufacturing date. after 6 weeks it shifted again.
Then i got a new iphone 6 again with a manufacturing date 6 weeks later than the first 2 and it was perfect, and remained perfect till now.

That' s why.

Last edited:

SisterBlue22

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Based on your logic, EVERY launch day phone should have a camera issue, and every phone purchased more than X weeks after launch should be perfect. Clearly neither of those things are true.

ValO

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Based on your logic, EVERY launch day phone should have a camera issue, and every phone purchased more than X weeks after launch should be perfect. Clearly neither of those things are true.
No, but there are a lot of issues with the shifting of the front camera on the sg iPhone 6. Especially on the first batches. Just Google it.
This was fixed in later revisions.

I know you all have perfect phones. I don' t question that. But after the fault on my first day iPhone 5(battery, and was not the only one) and my first day 6(front camera, again not the only one). I decided to be more carefull.

With the 6s I read a lot of complaints about home button and random shutting off.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
No, but there are a lot of issues with the shifting of the front camera on the sg iPhone 6. Especially on the first batches. Just Google it.

I know you all have perfect phones. I don' t question that. But after the fault on my first day iPhone 5(battery, and was not the only one) and my first day 6(front camera, again not the only one). I decided to be more carefull.

With the 6s I read a lot of complaints about home button and random shutting off.
No issues here. Perfect phone from day 1 launch.

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
So it's not so much that you want 9.1 on your phone, it's that you want a second-wave phone (for lack of a better term)? You'd get better/more useful responses if you state what you're actually looking for.

C

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Jun 24, 2010

No it wasn't fixed. You just got lucky. My old 6 I just upgraded was built in September and camera shifted after 2 weeks.

Reactions: sunking101

ValO

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
No it wasn't fixed. You just got lucky. My old 6 I just upgraded was built in September and camera shifted after 2 weeks.
Yes, i got a September build too. And it shifted. After that I got another September and it shifted. After that I got an October and it did not shift.

ValO

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
So it's not so much that you want 9.1 on your phone, it's that you want a second-wave phone (for lack of a better term)? You'd get better/more useful responses if you state what you're actually looking for.

C
No, those will be second-wave.(9.2)

And upgraded out of the box is the best bet to get a second wave one.

I can ask " when will the second wave 6s get to the market" .

Do you know the answer then or anybody else?