When will i be able walk into a store and get an ipad 2 with no hassle?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dudeman74, Mar 12, 2011.

1. dudeman74 macrumors newbie

i'm not in a hurry to get one but when could I just walk into a store and be able to buy one, and they will have plenty of all models? 2 weeks, 1 month, etc? when do you think? i'll probably get it at target or best buy. i'd rather not buy online.

2. rritterson macrumors 6502

Currently, if you buy one online, it delivers approximately April 18th. Meanwhile, on March 25th, Apple is launching the device throughout Europe and Japan, which will only increase demand.

I suspect that it'll be May before demand entirely settles and you can be guaranteed you can walk into a store and walk out with one no problem.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

4. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

5. black743 macrumors 6502

Well Best Buy had a cage full sitting there today with nobody giving them much attention. They're now showing online as being unavailable, though I find it highly suspect given the amount I saw sitting there. I don't think this is going to be selling out for long before stores are able to keep them in stock. I would say less than a month and you'll see them here at least. Some markets may sell out faster, but here in WV the market is more limited. Most in the store today were first time computer buyers and didn't even know what an iPad was.

6. dudeman74 thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked online for my Best buy, they said they had some in stock of particular ones, like a verizon 32 gb one, and it seemed like it was updating the moment they sold, checked in the morning, they had a 16 gb at&t white one, then a few hours later it said unavailable.

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC