When will Iphone 5 no contract price drop?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donkeycrushr, Sep 11, 2013.

1. donkeycrushr macrumors member

I currently have Sprint and basically my iphone 5 would be useless if I didn't have wifi. So I am looking to switch to either a Verizon or ATT prepaid plan.

I went to target today and the iPhone 5 are still $99 for both Verizon or Att with a contract and $699 without a contract.

So my question is when are we going to see a no-contract iphone 5 price drop? I would like to buy i5 with applecare. And if price doesnt drop on i5 it seems that it would make sense to just buy i5s for about same price?

I am not looking to buy from CL, eBay, etc.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Pretty much never. As soon as the 5S comes out, the 5 is discontinued, and you have either the 5S of 5C among your choices.

This is the first time Apple has done this, pretty much, so it's new territory. You MIGHT see some closeout deals as carriers seek to eliminate their old stock.

3. donkeycrushr thread starter macrumors member

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The iPhone 5 will be long discontinued by Black Friday. Maybe some refurbs might be available then, but I wouldn't count on it.

Your best bet, if you really want an iPhone 5, is to look now through next Friday when the 5S goes on sale. Some closeouts might be happening then.

5. 617aircav Suspended

Wow that is more expensive than the 5s.

6. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

7. donkeycrushr thread starter macrumors member

Jbromer,

Is it only apple's physical store ? I looked at apples website couldn't find it. Please provide link if u have it.

8. donkeycrushr thread starter macrumors member

I just called Apple store and they confirmed i5 no-contract new price is $549.

So for $100 more I could just get i5s. I wonder if its worth it.