when will iphone 6 lauch this year?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by zack fly, Feb 20, 2014.

1. zack fly macrumors member

:D I am a big fan of iphone ,i can't wait to get one to experience

2. zipur macrumors 6502

Me 2, just waiting for the next release

3. Katmiku macrumors newbie

Well if you were a big iPhone fan you would know it's either on

A ) The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June like the iPhone 3/ gs / 4

B ) During an extra event in September like the 4S / 5 / 5S

If you hear nothing about new hardware during WWDC then it's automatically option B.

4. jhonb222 macrumors newbie

iPhone 6 release date

If you follow apple release scheduled then usually they launch their iPhone after releasing of their last phone. In that case you can hope iPhone 6 could come at September 2014.
    But we all know Samsung has unveiled their Galaxy S5. Apple is always one of the tough competitor for Samsung electronics. So several rumors suggested iPhone 6 will come at June 2014 to take the limelight from Samsung.

But nobody is hundred percent sure about the actual launch date of iPhone 6.

5. zack fly thread starter macrumors member

yes,Samsung has presented their Galaxy 5S,i hope apple could fight back

6. Jamalmartinez macrumors newbie

7. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Whenever it is, I'll be taking a personal day. I'm waiting in line.

8. iMerik macrumors 6502

Here's your answer.

9. Dave245 macrumors 601

it's probably going to be in September, i would love an earlier release at WWDC but i highly doubt it. However i'm looking forward to the bigger screened iPhone :D

10. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Why do these types of threads keep getting posted in the "Launch Meetups" sub-section?

Anyway, to answer your question, September/October. We will get a preview of iOS 8 at WWDC in June and we'll see the new iPhone in September. That is how its been for 3 launches, so its safe to assume they are sticking to that. Also, if they were releasing an iPhone in June, they would have previewed the new iOS (regardless if it was 7.5 or 8.0) in Feb/Mar so they could work out the bugs before the new iPhone came out. This right away tells me no hardware at WWDC. Why? Because if they announce it as WWDC for a fall release, sales of the current iPhones would come to a stretching halt.

11. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

It's June. No release so just as suggested, September.

12. Powrie macrumors 6502

When they did the release of the 5 you could pre order and it was shipped out.

I hope they do it like that again.

13. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Not the same as waiting in line at the Mall of Georgia - Apple Store.

14. Powrie macrumors 6502

If they do a pre order you have the choice of ordering from your carrier or you can choose to go to the store on release day.

Either way you can get the phone the same day.

15. anvienhponline macrumors newbie

16. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

If history is any indication, the iPhone will be available to buy on September 19th.

I'll be camping out for the second year in a row - was a bunch of fun last year and I'll be a bit more prepared this time around. Think it's going to be a much bigger launch than the 5S was though.....likely need to get to my preferred spot a few hours earlier than I did last year.

17. NW Television macrumors newbie

Based on some speculative data it looks like the iphone will launch the smaller version in September and the later one near the end of the year, probably in December right before the Holiday season.

It looks like the smaller one is going to have a screen size of 4.7in and the larger one is going to be closer to the Note with a screen size of 5.5in. It should also have a resolution of 1704x960.

There is supposidly going to be a 13 mega pixel camera sensor and a new mobile payment service.

Based on past launches and some leaked news, it looks like it will be out on September 9th, with the larger one coming out later in the year.

There have been some stories and videos about the launch. I don't think I am going to wait until the larger one comes out (Basically because the larger one probably cant even fit in my pocket!) and because I don't think I want to wait!

18. macnerd77 macrumors regular

macnerd77

Right on the money.