When will it be easy to get an iphone4 at AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by neifichicken, Jun 27, 2010.

1. neifichicken macrumors newbie

I currently have a blackberry I bought in November 2008, so I passed 18 months in May of this year, AT&T told me I was eligible to upgrade in June but when I tried to do so through Apple's website, they said I have to wait until July 26th.

I figure that means I have to go through AT&T in store and I was wondering at what point in time do you guys think it'll be (fairly) easy to get one. I was thinking maybe 2 weeks from now that could be the case, but perhaps I'm just being optimistic. Any guesses or insights?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

We don't know. The best you can do is call your local Apple Stores and AT&T (iPhones go on sale for walk-ins on the 29th for AT&T) stores often to see when they have stock available.

3. NewYorkRules macrumors newbie

Is anyone lining up at an ATT, Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc today?

If so, where/when?

4. hasek3139 macrumors 6502

im camping my att store midnight tonight in Connecticut

5. neifichicken thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, but I figured some smart posters could make a good educated guess, based on what happened with past iphones

6. pab277 macrumors regular

Well on the apple store website, if you buy online the phone doesn't come until 3 weeks after your order is placed, so i'm guessing both apple stores and at&t stores will have a fair amount of phones in stock until mid-july or later.

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I was just up at my AT&T store and was the only one there. I decided not to get a second phone but will wait till the white ones come out. Yes, I could have gotten one very easy today.

Drive around to a few AT&T stores and do some checking.

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

There was a decent line (for the area) at the one store i drove by this morning - about 20 people or so. My kids were surprised.

Hopefully everyone that wants a phone is able to get one today!! :D