When will Jesus return?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Jul 16, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www1.cbn.com/teaching/when-is-jesus-christ-coming-again

Well, a lot of that has come true already... though I doubt they ever fathomed fracking...

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Probably every older generation since well before the dawn of history has said the same. The end times are always just around the next bend.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The cops will end up shooting Jesus for reaching. I think he'll wait to race relations smooth over.

4. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

1 Thessalonians 5:2-4English Standard Version (ESV)
    2 For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

5. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Put more time into solving problems instead of wishing for end times. When the Yellowstone super volcanos next erupts, or Apothis asteroid hits earth in 2035 you gonna see end of times like you can't imagine.

But rest assured earth will survive just fine. Gone through this dozens of times. Helps clean biological infestations that have run amok. Wonder what the next dominant species a will be? Cockroach creatures traveling to distant stars in faster than light starships.

It's gratifying to know even nuclear waste will be reprocessed as old crust and all pollutants are subducted and reprocessed into new crust rising from mid ocean ridges.

Height of arrogance how people think they are some pinnacle of existence around which universe is centered. Interesting how we try desperately to hold onto idea we are somehow center of everything.

First we are center of universe, only to find out we are circling a sun not other way around. Then we find out this is only one of billions of solar systems in the universe, which we believed the Milky Way was everything. Then we find out our galaxy is one of billions and universe is larger than we can imagine.

Yes some die yards think we, this assembly of flesh and bone. Made from star stuff of exploded super nova Suns assembled over billions of years, becoming self aware are the center of it all.

Wait that is remarkable.....we are the universe seeing itself and understanding how it came about. Wow...makes all this religion stuff seem rather childish.

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

jesus has been coming for 2000 years but he relied on congress to make it happen and we know how slow that is.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Same time he comes every week, Tuesdays around 5pm. Jesus is my gardener.

8. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

When he puts the chips and remote on the table and gets up off the couch.

9. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Surprised you didn't need your flame thrower underwear for this thread, I use the word God off had and have 3 to 5 atheist jumping in with all the normal "God does not exist" "and if you believe in God you must kill Gays and.....".

That's just for using the word God, not even saying which God, I guess they don't want to mess with Jesus today.

10. dec. Suspended

dec.

I have no idea in which context you've previously mentioned a "god", but I think it depends heavily on the context. I can't see why anyone would have an issue with someone discussing their favourite mythology or "religious" lifestyle choices, since PRSI and stuff...

On the other hand, if someone includes them in a political discussion as argumentation, I'd say that it needs to be expected that those mythologies are being criticized, maybe even in a politically incorrect manner :) .

11. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Yes, because we have to have the "God" police telling us what we can and can't say or believe.

12. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Isn't that the churches job?

13. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

I guess you'd have to go to church and find out.

14. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

15. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Well don't hang out in the Politics, Religion, and Social Issue's Sub Forum;-(

16. dec. Suspended

dec.

Maybe you can link to one of those incidents as I do have a hard time believing (in the true sense of the word ;) ) that anyone would want you to change your "religious" lifestyle choices.

17. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

I never said anyone tried to change my "religious" lifestyle choices, but responded to.....

I don't see any rule on this forum where we can't even mention the word "God" in a political discussion without being criticized, maybe even in a politically incorrect manner for our beliefs in "mythologies".

Especially when most of the people chiming in don't even want to talk about the topic, or the point of the comment that was made, but rather want to "God" bash or "Religion" bash.

I'm a big boy, I can handle it, but the "War on God" by you atheist online is getting old. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

18. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Well I agree with you, that saying you must want to kill gays for saying word god is ridiculous at best. And they should be ashamed for saying it.

Understand though, atheism is NOT a religion. Atheists all don't think alike on every issue either. The vast majority of those saying they are atheist are simply saying they do not see there is a valid reason to conclude that any god exists.

Probably the resentment takes hold when this offends someone that does believe in one God or another. It really shouldn't especially in America where I hope we can respect diversity of thought. Course don't be making up laws to push your religious agenda. There I do draw the line.

19. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Everyone makes up laws to push their agenda, religious or other wise.

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

This thread is pretty lame and tame for its general category. You can tell it hasn't been a slow news week. Everyone's pretty much out of ammo, sleep, food.. and now we wanna talk about what Jesus is up to? I'll pass.

21. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I've been 'hanging out' here for like 14 years, I won't stop now.

The idea that Jesus even exists or while come back is stupid.

22. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Well stupid is as stupid does, you're the one that have chimed into a thread that offends you and is stupid.

You know what I do when I see a thread that is stupid, I don't click on it, but then I'm not a trolling or shilling message boards looking to push my atheist agenda down people's throats.

23. HEK, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

The fundamental truth is that atheists see no justification for belief in any god/s and find any arguments made utilizing those mythologies to be rather ridiculous and tend to say so.

The religiously minded will perceive that as an attack, hence war on god statements, since they cannot entertain the idea that they may be incorrect in their particular god beliefs.

It's bad enough to have competing god beliefs, I.e. islam, and christianity, but not to believe in any god well that is even worse. It's hard to fight an enemy that thinks your belief system is pure nonsense.

24. boast macrumors 65816

boast

If these stories in the bible have valuable moral lessons, and people wish to live by these morals and ethics, how would discussing how they wish to be governed NOT include these "mythologies"?

25. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Perhaps my sarcasm meter needs tuning, but I'm fairly sure the user you are quoting was being exactly that when he entered this thread with the "offended" comment.