When will Macs get better FaceTime Cameras? They're inferior to the cameras on the iPhones

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by 212rikanmofo, Oct 9, 2018.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 68000

It's been crossing my mind but I find it funny that the cameras on our iPhones are miles ahead of the ones that come with our MacBooks and iMacs. You would think that the cameras would be on par or even better on the Macs because they have more room to work with.

I really hope the next updates to their computer line up will introduce better FaceTime cameras. That will support FaceID, memoji's, etc.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

do we really need the GOVT spying on us in high definition??????????

3. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

I don't think it will be too long, for I have an iMac Pro that has a pretty good FaceTime Camera.

4. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 68000

I doubt it's remotely as good as the ones on the new iPhone Xs. I'm really looking for FaceID and memoji support. The same technology that they're using on the latest iPhone's camera with the true depth feature.

5. Tech198 macrumors G5

I guess. Apple values more in iPhones/tablets than Mac's when it comes to cameras ? Since these are HD camera, it would be 720p.. That's probably enough.

More people would take selfies using a phone or tablet (yuk), than a mac, so that's where the money goes to.

6. InuNacho macrumors 65816

InuNacho

Yay, toy features on workstations!

7. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Face ID is a "toy" feature?