When will new iMac line be available refurb?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NektariosTheCat, Aug 4, 2010.

1. NektariosTheCat macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a 27" i5 2.8ghz iMac, I'm going to buy it refurb as I do for all my Apple products when possible.. however I've never been on the "bleeding edge" of a release such as this. I check the refurb page about 100 times a day waiting for one to pop up but I haven't seen any of the new line yet. What I have seen is the price drop on previous generation models (friday I think)..

In the past how long has it taken for the current gen to appear on refurb? Obviously they need to be purchased, returned, refurbished & retested, and then make it up on the site. Is it like a week, 2 weeks, 1 month.. does Apple "throttle" the release of refurbs so that you're forced to buy Retail for a month if you want the new product etc? I haven't seen any of the new Mac Mini's up on refurb yet for instance - although I haven't been watching closely at all

Also when are refurbs typically posted, it seems like it happens at a specific time in the day - I saw many (older) iMacs go up at once at maybe 10 or 11am EST a couple days ago. Is there always 1 update a day around a specific time?

Thank you so much for any advice!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

All models eventually show up as refurbished. It's a function of how many are ordered/returned.

www.refurb.me

3. miki66 macrumors 6502

miki66

agree, give it a few months. you can always get cheaper new macs on other retailer like amazon or macmall