When will next iPhone with iOS 6 be jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miamialley, Aug 31, 2012.

1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

The iPad 3 was JB pretty fast, how soon might the upcoming iPhone be jailbroken?

2. rman726 macrumors 6502

Nobody knows. It might be a month, it might be two. It might be longer. I would put my money on 3 months personally.

3. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Can we please, please get it first released before we think about when we get I breaked ? Or blended ?

4. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

What is the point of jailbreaking on iDevices?

5. ARSC macrumors 6502

6. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

It's a rumor/discussion board. Maybe you shouldn't read?

I don't know if you're serious, but the reason is because you can do a zillion things Apple won't let you.

7. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

iOS5 jb took like 3 months but pod2g said they want to have iOS6 jailbreak ready as soon as it's released (although this may likely only be for iPhone 4S and earlier models if the new iPhone has a new processor)

8. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

But.....

it seems like if you want more open stuff, you'd get an Android phone.

For example, I have rooted my Vibrant, Nexus S and EVO.

But....

I have yet to jailbreak my iphone. Well, first it does most of what I want. Second, if I want to customize it, it wouldn't be on a 3.5'' screen.

9. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Can everyone let apple give birth to the iPhone 5 first please. Lol

10. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Let's try to plant a new and totally unfounded rumor: I think the next iPhone will be unbreakable. :eek: No more software update via cable and iTunes. Only over the air via WiFi or 3G from Apple server. Or the new cable has a little chip inside like TB which will prevent jailbreak. ;)

11. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

There are some people who either don't like Android or they prefer the iPhone due to a number of reasons such as ecosystem, performance, Apple brand loyalty, etc. But they still want to do more with their device.

For example, I jailbreak my iPad for little tweaks to make my using the device more convenient such having the keyboard show the letters in upper/lower case depending on the input or having folders close automatically after launching an app. Not everyone that jailbreaks installs a million things and theme every little aspect.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Word is there is some promising exploits available in the iOS 6.0 betas.
    If Apple dont find them or patch them when the GM is out then odds are good to have one soon after release.
    Cant wait:)

What is it to you?
    Its an iphone JB topic thread and clearly if you dont like JB you shouldnt participate if you're not interested.
    Not everyone has the same likes and interests you know. Is it ok if others like their iOS device JB and do not want to switch to an android?
    Glad you're happy with a stock iphone, others might want a little more out of it.

13. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Meh, average of two to three months??

Well, I for one don't jailbreaking due to stability and upgrade options.

14. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

I can see that... especially with devices like the iPad as it's probaly the best form of a tablet out there.

It's just that...well with the phone these days....that someone would buy a device that pretty much comes locked. Or they get mad when Apple puts a ton of restrictions to make it harder to jailbreak.

It's kinda like when I was on XDA developers and a lot of users get mad @ HTC for using locked bootloaders.

15. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

I simply jailbreak for the ability to turn my phone into a gaming console with emulators and a bluetooth controller.

NES.emu, GBC.emu, GBA.emu, and Snes9x EX are all amazing and worth the jailbreak on their own :)

iOS 6 jailbreak can't get here quick enough! (I give it 2 months)

16. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

Firstly
    Well no one was really talking to you and if you're offended then you don't have to read or even reply. I had no idea there was a rule that I couldn't ask that question in this thread. If there is, then send me a link.:rolleyes:

Second

I asked for a reason. And my reason alone. I could care less what you think. I just found it weird that someone would buy a 3.5'' phone and...violate the terms to make it do something that could cause issues later.

Third

Please use propper grammar

Fourth

Read the third

Fifth

I can ask questions that spark my curiosity. To me, it's a bit like expecting your Honda Civic (modded?) to perform like a Nissan GTR, when those are made for two totally different things

----------

Crap I forgot about that. What about N64 games?

I did root my Vibrant to play GBA games before. I can see why it's s fun.:D

17. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I don't mean to make fun of you or anything, it's just that I've never seen anyone tell someone else to use proper grammar without accidentally making a mistake of their own. It's an inevitability of life and an unwritten rule of the internet.

18. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Sadly not yet :(

IMO there's only one developer whose emulators are worth it: Robert Broglia (NES.emu, GBA.emu, GBC.emu, Snes9x).

He regularly updates them to improve performance and compatibility with newer iOS versions that come out. His are also the ONLY emulators that allow you to map your controls, dictating which buttons on your bluetooth controller do what when pressed.

Whatever you do DON'T purchase any of ZodTTD's emulators. They are trash and he has left them for dead.

I agree though how fun it is. Currently I have been playing through a hidden gem I never knew about: Metroid II return of Samus :)

19. fins831 macrumors 6502a

iOS6 jailbreak for current ipad and 4S will be available first week. If there is a new processor, then it might take 2-3 months for iPhone 5...

Be patient...nothing is secure. It will jailbroken.

20. malias4 macrumors 6502

malias4

I agree, if new proccesor on iphone 5(6) then it ll take a while.

21. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

I hope the jb comes quickly.
    I buy every new iphone and the only thing i hate about that is that i have to wait for the jb...

22. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

As the phone will come with a new processor, the JB will only be released for the 4S and under.

It will take time I'm sure to compromise the new iPhone.

Or maybe not?

:D

23. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

At the rate the leaks are coming, I predict a jailbreak is out tomorrow, a full 19 days before the phone is released.

24. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

My JB iPhone 4 and JB iPad 3 perform exactly the way I want. What's the problem?

I guess we should expect a new chip, so the jailbreak will take longer. I hope it doesn't take as long as the iPhone 4 took. (that was the one that took forever if I recall correctly)

25. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You didnt ask a reason, you acted like a stuck up person that just because he doesnt want to JB then noone else should either.
    Answer is different people like diffferent things. Get it?
    3.5" inch screen has nothing to do with it.
    And no, I dont want to switch to an android. Maybe you should switch to an android forum;)