When will Palin leave her 'bubble'?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sky Blue, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Gov. Palin has shown she's good at reading someone else's speeches of a teleprompter. What I want to know is, when's she going to talk to the Press?

McCain, Obama and Biden are all out doing interviews this weekend (or at least having their interviews shown), but Palin is no where to be seen. A short clip mentions it could be two weeks until McCain's camp has educated her on his policies.

If this isn't proof of her inability to be VP, I don't know what is.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I really don't understand Palin being nominated still. What was McCain thinking?

....and I consider myself a conservative. I was hoping Romney would have been the nomination

3. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

She won't. She'll talk to the FauxNews pundits, and probably the WorldNetDaily freaks, but not to any real press.

That's my bet. I'm happy for her/the campaign to prove me wrong, however. ;)

4. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

5. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

With 60 days left until the election, they say she won't be available for 14 of those. And then the McCain campaign, in that video, tries to say that the voters won't care about having to wait 14 days for the press to do their job?

Yet again more proof that she is completely incapable and undeserving of the vp nomination.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

They can't keep her under wraps for 60 days. Of course, when she finally hits the media circuit, she'll stick to the right-wing shows.

"Mr. Biden, is it true you rape kittens in your basement after dark while wearing the American flag as a diaper?.... Sorry Senator, time's up."

"Mrs. Palin, can you tell us in your own words just how awesome it is to be you?"

And so on...

7. Sky Blue thread starter Guest

Sky Blue

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

We may never see her.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/sarah-palin-w-1.html

9. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Palin is the perfect little neocon venom spitter. Yet, I suspect, she was really not on McCain's VP list (long or short). I was watching the way the two of them interacted, especially when the cameras main focus was not on them. I sensed a certain uneasiness on McCain's part. A few weeks back, my wife and I were discussing possible VP picks by both candidates. It was easy to conclude that Barack had a wealth of outstanding candidates to pick from, where McCain did not. My first choice for Chris Dodd (also my first pick for President). Then came Biden and Hillary. We kicked around some other choices, but we felt it would be one of these three. As for McCain, we really could not come up with a name. I felt McCain's ego was too big to share the stage and light shining anywhere but on him.

We also felt he would be very uncomfortable with anyone, who was actually campaigning for themselves in 2012. That left out Romney, Huckabee, Giulani, Gingrich and several others. The pick would also have to pass the corruption/controversy scrutiny test. This eliminated virtually every other republican. So, I thought his choice would be Lieberman. My wife was skeptical. Whoever was selected, they would have to be approved by the party power committee, who now own McCain's soul, lock, stock and barrel. She was right (as usual). Neither of us saw Palin coming. I am wondering how often we will see the two of them together. McCain will not want to have the lights on her. He is an extreme egotist and a sexist. He not only swore at his wife (virtually unprovoked), he called her the 'C' word, the most abusive word in the english language. And, the coup de grace was that he did it in front of others. Others may disagree, but I believe verbal abuse can be as harmful and degrading as physical abuse. I do not believe a man suddenly becomes this way. It is often a sign of long-term abusive behavior and disregard for others. Coupled with his well-documented hair-trigger temper, I think it speaks volumes about the man. So, I find his embracing a young, attractive, 'up-and-comer' to be very questionable. I suspect if they have to spend too much time together, or after the vetting, she begins to get more ink, trouble will surface.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

11. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Since McCain has gone through a few wives, I wouldn't say that this didn't happen for sure, but if you are going to accuse someone of something like that you should back it u with a link to a reliable source.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain_temper_boiled_over_in_92_0407.html

The word in question is right there at the top of the big, bolded headline, so I do not recommend opening up that link at work or around kids.

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah, if only that were the worst thing McCain has said... but he's also told a crude joke involving Hillary and Chelsea Clinton and Janet Reno (this from a man who now says "families are off limits"), as well as a real kneeslapper about rape victims enjoying the ordeal.

15. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?
    Because Janet Reno is her father.

It's not very funny, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it crude. It's more of taking a shot at Janet Reno (about a decade ago I might add) than anything else.

McCain didn't make the rape joke. Someone else did and McCain called off the fundraiser.

16. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

I'm sorry, what does Bush have to do with my post?

/not a republicrat

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well you won't see Palin anytime in the next few days. It looks as if she and McCain are campaigning pretty hard.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

19. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Excuse me, but this is common knowledge and the source is from two different people who witnessed it first-hand. This was widely publicized. I am shocked you are totally in the dark about it.

Here is a link I saved, but a quick Google turned up 20,000 hits, with many different sources.

Huffington

20. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

i think my post on the other thread bears repeating.

so let me get all the palin scandals straight:

1. she preaches about abstinence only sex ed, and her daughter is knocked up
    2. she kinda minced words about how she got rid of the plane.
    3. she was for the bridge to nowhere, before she opposed the bridge to no where
    4. she attended meetings for alaska to secede from the Union
    5. she went to six different colleges in six years, dropping out because one of the campuses had too much rain. quitting another because the weather was too nice. and she pulled the fire alarm as a prank. link
    anything else i missed?

21. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

You're making fun of how Obama talks. Bush can hardly speak. There's the connection. Seems like for the rights on this board I have to explain every dig I make. :rolleyes:

22. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Personally I hope she never leaves her bubble.

23. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I did have some additions in the other thread.

24. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

25. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

again, how did my post suggest that I am a bush/republican supporter?