When will republicans give up the ghost?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by einmusiker, Feb 28, 2016.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

We know what you're about and what you're trying to do. It's not working. You can post as many misleading headlines in forums as you like but the truth is coming to light.

2. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

It's the only tactic they have left. Their party is in shambles so their only hope is to attempt to demoralize the other side who, while having some internal conflicts, will have no problem uniting against the cluster**** that is the GOP come November. Once the primaries are over and Trump wins, the GOP infighting will accelerate like never before while Democrats take up a tone of solidarity against them. Don't worry, it'll be fun!

3. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

It's maddening how much they just hate. Kill innocent children? Who cares as long as it's profitable. Destroy the environment? Doesn't matter to me won't happen while I'm alive. Disenfranchise minorities? Do they really matter I mean come on

4. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I don't expect the national Republican Party to fold its tattered tent and slither back to whatever primordial cesspit they crawled out of anytime soon.

However, I see from the calendar we have slightly more than nine months till election day 2016. Two hundred fifty two days to be precise. Which would suggest we can expect roughly fifteen hundred worthless scurrilous anti-Hillary threads started by a certain usual suspect. Taking a mere thirty seconds to scan each one of these pathetic screeds would eat up more than twelve and a half hours of your valuable time. Spend five minutes researching and composing a thoughtful refutation of all of his nonsense - and you've pissed away two and a half weeks worth of work time.

Do yourselves a favor, people of good will. Put the guy on your ignore list.

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

Thread title should include "Trigger Warning."

Where's Click to holler, "Hey, we need some muscle over here!"

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The end (a Republican in the White House, even if it's a wolf in sheep's clothing) justifies spinning, distorting, misrepresenting, and lying our asses off. Heck, Fox News believes it's their right to lie for a good cause and self enrichment. God, just bless us with a Republican Administration. :rolleyes:

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

At this point my inclination is to simply not participate in these shouting matches. "We" and "they" will never agree, and the volume will just keep rising.

8. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I won't insist you join in. :D However, I don't shout. This probably means little in your calculation, but when it comes to relative competence or differences in priorities, and basic or if you prefer relative honesty ;), there is a distinct difference between Left and Right. I'm sensitive to lies no matter where they come from. I want real and viable, not fairy tales or tall tales with a wink. As far as forum discussions, I admit if they have an impact on anyone's thinking it would be the fence sitters, Most of the rest of us have made up our minds. That said: :D

The Right has been pushing hard character assassination for the last 20 years, adopting the end justifies the means strategy. It's a duty to point out the fact that Fox News a conservative mouth piece has argued it's their right to lie, adopted by the GOP, not by stated philosophy, but by actions and practices. Apparantly they feel deceit and appealing to prejudices is the only way they have a chance of achieving their agenda. It's not adequate to pass it off as they (political parties) are all the same, (a common excuse when the GOP is critized) because there are distinct differences with the GOP being morally corrupt. The GOP is so caustic that there is no place for moderates in their party. They (moderates) must either transform themselves or flee. So much for the Reoublican big tent theory.

Look at Rubio quite a makeover since he started running for President. Contrast his and Hillariey's messages.

I want to make America great again! By what yardstick? Hillary Clinton lied to the victims of Benghazi. (Notice the new angle to keep Benghazi alive.) If you elect me President, you'll be able to practise your religion as you see fit and you'll be able to use your Second Amendment rights to protect youself! Really dude?

Hillary's message: We never stopped being great, but we need to be whole.

Not to sound all doom and gloom, but if we can't discuss and face the substantial challenges facing our country honestly, if we can't be a be a world beacon for equality, we've lost our way and are in big trouble.

10. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Pretty weak, Einmusiker. No facts and only vaguely insulting. I'm seeing you guys resort to that more and more lately.

<chuckle>

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Yea, but you're a "we," not a "they" in my calculations. ;)

12. A.Goldberg, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Sometimes I feel like the one of a few moderates here. We have the left and extreme left, then the extreme right.

There's a few fruitful discussions that can come about, but some of these conversations I feel like I'm talking to 7 year old ignorant little children with the world is black and white thinking. No amount of logic, reason, statistics, historical evidence is enough to persuede that gut feeling. It happens on both sides.

13. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Given your unconscious use of "feel" instead of "think", I think you should consider changing registration to the Democrats.

And while you're busy patting yourself on the back for being so magnanimous, I hope you'll realize that your entire post was an unsupported ad hominem attack.

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I don't mean it to be an ad hominem attack and if I was I'd be talking about both sides. If there were more threads about economic policy here it would be the other way around I'm sure.

15. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

FYI: Calling adults ignorant 7-year-olds often gives offense.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Well, yes, I am a "we" when it comes to offering opinions, but I assume you are referencing the structure of my last post where I mentioned "they" as those who try to influence. No intent to seperate myself from that group. :)

17. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I believe that if you considered the entire US adult population, you would find more closer to ignorant 7 year-olds than not.

I know that's a sad and pessimistic attitude, but that doesn't change my opinion.

18. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

While that's fascinating, it doesn't really apply to this chat because the entire US adult population isn't opining on PRSI.

19. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

This is true. If I were just commenting on the PRSI membership (which I'm not, since that would be a no-no), I would be much higher than 50% on the ignorant 7 year-old estimate.

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I voted Republican for several decades and am a registered Independent. Although some in this forum will strenuously disagree, I still consider myself a moderate, while acknowledging I've become very vocal in a negative way about today's GOP corrupt moral state. If the GOP wants to promote a honest, straight forward conservative agenda, I'm happy to debate the merits of their plans.

But as a rule, I can't abide by sexism, corruption of the cherished idea of Religious Freedom, insist on excluding discrimination from the definition of freedom, while insisting that freedom means that politicians should stay out of our bedrooms, and not get into the middle of women's health decisions best handled between them, their doctor, and their God, if they have one. I also promote social fiscal responsibility and level playing fields. And while I can tolerate spin, I detest lies. Would that make me a liberal? :)

21. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

True. These are the individuals people have stopped engaging that for some reason I bother with. But when someone's opinions defy logic, reasoability, statistical evidence, historical examples, (and even a sense of ethics in some weird cases) and are based on "just knowing/knowing it will work" I consider them an ignorant 7 year old Hahahah.

Sorry if that was offensive. I will disclaim that comment is not directed at the majority here. I'm sure we all have some people in mind. Maybe I'm one of them too.

22. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

A reasonable reply. Next time consider directly confronting those who you think are defying logic when it happens. That would probably be more effective.

23. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

24. 1458279 Suspended

That's right! There's a lot of ignorant 7-year-olds that are very offended by that statement.

25. A.Goldberg, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I guess one can only decide for themselves. Your rant though did sound beautifully liberal being pretty opposed to the current GOP :p. I have to say I did not mark you as a moderate or republican. But that's part of life, changing politics views as the environment changes and your opinions evolve. Not that many here would admit to that :p.

Oh believe me I do. I have a couple recent specific examples in mind- probably the influence of my post in the first place. I suspect this is why a lot of people I'd expect to respond don't even bother anymore. Sorry for the miscommunication, I'll do some editing.

Edit: My original post read "...I feel like I'm taking to 7 year old ignorant little children"
    I think I just falsely incriminated myself...