When will the 15" unibodyMBP w/anti-glare appear in the refurb store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rhinosrcool, Sep 10, 2009.

1. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Obviously, no one knows for sure. However, what's the best educated guess on when the refurb store will have 15" ubmbp with the anti-glare screens?

At present, they have the 17", but after watching for several weeks, I have not seen a 15" model.:(

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

When ever apple posts them - seriously its trying to jello to a tree. Possibly in another month or two, maybe three or four.

3. rhinosrcool thread starter macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

?

Gee, thanks! I never thought of that.:rolleyes:

I did preface it with the realization that no one knows, but many things Apple does seem to follow a pattern (iPods introduced in the fall). So, I thought that, just maybe, some of you Apple watchers would have an idea.

4. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Being as its relatively new how would anyone know? When they get a batch of returns, maybe 11 days 31 minutes and 50 seconds from now. Hows that?

5. evitica macrumors member

I returned mine last week. So that might pop up soon.

6. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

i think it will appear, .....tomorrow!!!

no one has a clue, nothing is set in stone with apple. even the things that seem they have a pattern are subject to be moved around just to mess with the consumer.

one quick piece of advice. if you do not want to get slammed like that, dont ask these types of question. if your questions contains the phrase
    "when will apple" stop, and answer your own question by saying "No one knows"

lot of stupid threads lately like "why should i buy a laptop that i already want" and it is getting kinda annoying

7. rhinosrcool thread starter macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Learn to read!

The last time I looked, this was a "rumors" site. Some people have more info than others. Again, I mentioned that I realize that no one knows (even experts like you). My question was what are people's thoughts based on their experiences (educated guess). Too, many members here would disagree with your "no one has a clue" comment.

Also, I don't give a Flying... if you don't like some of these posts. You state that you find the title of certain posts annoying. Well, here's a thought, since you don't like the title, don't read the post!:rolleyes:

8. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

There was one on there last week. Keep you're eye out, they will only appear when one goes the the return/refurbished process. Since it is a custom build, they are a rarity on there.

9. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

Well played! Thumbsup.

10. rhinosrcool thread starter macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Thanks

11. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

well, if all you are looking for are rumors and peoples guesses, then like i said, they will be out tomorrow. that is my best educated guess.

as for the rest, you are taking it the wrong way. i was merely telling you that there a some people that will slam you for a thread like this because of the really stupid ones that have been on here lately. as for no one having a clue, i stand by that. when it comes to apples actions, their what they are going to release, or when. NO ONE outside of Apple knows for sure. and the people that work for apple will not say because they like their jobs.

so if all you are looking for are rumors and baseless speculation, then by all means ask, but i guarantee if it is not me, someone will give you the same answer "why ask us, we don't know"

12. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

He asked "what's the best educated guess". Not rock solid data...

I like how there are many speculating threads for processors, new graphics, the tablet, this, that and this question pisses people off. It's not something asked every day either.

13. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

Do you think that things like refurbished units becoming available follow the same type of schedule as a new product launch? Do you think that it follows some kind of regular pattern that could be divined with 'experience'?

When Apple gets enough returns or overstock units they will add them to the refurb store. When those are gone, they will remove them. So on and so forth.

14. rhinosrcool thread starter macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

?

To the first part, that's my question!:rolleyes: And maybe, refurbs do follow some pattern. By you saying that they are put out when they get them is in itself a pattern. If so, what's the estimate of the time frame? By past experience, do they come out a couple of months?, etc...

Unbelievable, you ask if someone has a prediction about them and I get these inane answers.

15. rhinosrcool thread starter macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Please!

Wow, you don't even know what an "educated guess" is (it's a guess based on prior knowledge and experience)! Therefore, it is not baseless speculation. For example, mbp refurbs, in the past and after release, have come out two months later (I am just using this as a possible example). Not, your best educated guess is that they will be out tomorrow.

As far as no one knows, a lot of people had a good inkling about the iPhone before it came out. Again, you must work on your reading comprehension. This site has had many members speculate, with good accuracy, on many number of things (they had very good educated guesses). Hence, the success of this site.

Lastly, you and all of these other members who get annoyed at certain questions posed should stop reading them. By posting the question in the title, it's pretty clear what the post entails.

16. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

How can we give an educated guess on a random event that nobody here has any education on? Its like if someone asked me for an educated guess on when a flying car will be released. How the heck would I know?

People here can give you a guess, but it is by NO means educated and its entirely pulled out of thin air. If thats what you want, you are better off making up a date yourself as its just as likely as any date any of us will come up with.

And did you see all of the rumors about new a Apple TV and iPod Touch with a camera? Where are those devices? Don't put too much stock in what other people on this site predict.

17. rhinosrcool thread starter macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

If possible, please close this thread

Let's not waste anymore time with this. There are far more import things to focus on.

Long live MacRumors!

18. Freewayjim macrumors regular

Freewayjim

I saw and played with a 15" Anti-glare MBP at the Mall of Georgia Apple Store last Saturday, they had it listed on the $50 price options on the table. I did not ask if they actually had any in stock to sell but I find it hard to imagine they'd have one on the table and not have any to sell.

19. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

20. rhinosrcool thread starter macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Thanks

Frequently, I will check.:)

21. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

thank you!! you summed up my point better than i could...

what the OP fails to realize is, just because people have made guesses and have been right, that in no way means they had any solid basis for those guesses.

if you throw a hundred noodles on a wall, a few of them are bound to stick. same with these apple rumors. refurbs follow no schedule at all. there are still Black macbooks that pop in the refurb store every now and then.