When will you purchase Tiger?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
21,652
123
A) I'll pre-order it asap, I can't wait!

B) The day it's on the shelves, but I'll walk not run to the store.

C) Within the first 3-4 of weeks of release, I'm easy.

D) Once they've released 10.4.3 or 4... what do you think I am? Some kind of crazy early adopter?

E) Once all my favorite apps have been updated
(if Quark that means when hell freezes over)

F) Couldn't care less: I'm happy with what I've got, thank you for asking...


(Tried to create a poll, but couldn't...)

Edit: forgot to put my own answer which is... D
(no hurry, need a new HD, want to do a clean install -- anyway)
 

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
1,950
99
Planet Zebes
A if it is released after June.

None of the above it it is released before June....b/c I'll get a developers copy from them automatically :)
 

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
1,813
7
Rochester, NY
(A) probably... I've been saving up my money for a while and I have just enough to get it. Plus I can't wait to see what new kinda features it's got :D
 

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
2,958
119
London, UK
Probably A or B. I didn't get Panther until December because I had to wait to see if Apple would give me it via the up-to-date program, even though I didn't quite qualify. (Apple was nice :) ). I'm not in a great hurry but I'm interested in the features. I'm not worried about using the 10.4.0 release.
 

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
1,985
15
Penryn
I'm planning on buying a laptop after Tiger comes out so it won't be a separate purchase.
 

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
5,215
2
Family Pack. Between B or C. It looks really good. I hope it doesn't have any major problems that makes us hate if for life. But yeah, B or C.
 

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
1,208
4,026
PDX
G. I will be in the market for a new machine in early-to-mid 2005, so hopefully it will be bundled w/ the purchase.

I still use Jaguar, btw...
 

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
7,583
489
Melenkurion Skyweir
Probably C... But I'm not sure... I plan to buy a new laptop when the rev. B's of the next generation of PowerBooks, whether it's a dual G4 or a G5, so if the rev.B's are expected within a few months when Tiger arrives, and 10.5 is far off, then I'll get it with the laptop, but if the rev.B's are far off, I'll buy 10.4 within a couple of weeks of release, and wait for 10.5 before I buy a new computer. We'll see.
 

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
1,332
0
A or B, have not decided.. most likely A but possibly B. The wife will say Y, hehe.
 

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
22,817
37
Andover, MA
As an ADC member, I suppose I sort of qualify as an 'A'. If I weren't already going to get it, I'd do sort of a B+ - I'd definitely be near the front of the line on Tiger day....
 

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
18,388
42
1123.6536.5321
I'm in no rush, but I would probably wait and see if a "Tiger + iLife '05" combo came out or something to that effect. Of course, it would depend when that would actually be offered - if it's like the current "Panther + iLife '04" promotion, which is being offered just before upgrades to both product lines (presumably), then maybe not... I'm still up in the air on this one...
 

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
9,808
28
The Bamboo Forest
Jovian9 said:
A if it is released after June.

None of the above it it is released before June....b/c I'll get a developers copy from them automatically :)
I'm gonna have to go with this option also... 'cept I think I'm more an August type of person... so I should be a-okay.
 

jherrling

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2004
3
0
If it's out by WWDC 2005 it will come with my G5 that I will order for college next year, either already installed or by the up-to-date program. Thankfully I've only had to pay $129 only once to go from 10.0.1 to 10.3.5, all the rest were only $20 thanks to well timed CPU purchases. :D