When you exchange a iphone do you get a refurb or a new one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThisIsMe, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ThisIsMe macrumors regular

I'm thinking of going to the apple store and exchanging my i5 for another one because i'm having problems with my current one. Do you guys no if they exchange it with a refurbished one or brand new?

2. smf72 macrumors member

There are no refurbs yet. They will offer one out of a plain white box, however is new. My suggestion if you are within your 14-30 day return period return it and by another. If you take the replacement you loose your right to return it.

3. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

no such thing as a refurb iphone 5 yet.

4. kellte2 macrumors regular

False.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its still very early I think for the faulty ones to go through the refurb cycle, finish getting all the replacement parts and getting shipped back to the stores for replacement.
    Its only been what a week since they came out?
    But within a month or so they will start circulating but with Apple refurbs I dont have any issues since most of the times a refurbished one is just as good as new and you wont even be able to tell the difference.

6. ThisIsMe thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet thanks for all the help. The reason I'm thinking about exchanging it is because my sleep button is a little flat and you could tell and feel the difference. Would you guys exchange if you where in my shoes?

7. greylee macrumors member

well thats what i thought too. but the guy at the apple store told me the apple genius bar replacement phones are refurb phones. and he suggests me to get an exchange with a brand new phone. so i guess there is such thing as refurb? or he was just trying to discourage me of getting a replacement?

8. misterjay macrumors regular

New.

Me and my sisters got our white iPhone 5s replaced today @ Apple.

They came in a white box, with the screen protectors on and everything. Hey, no damages, nothing and they work ace.

So I'm guessing its brand new, if not, well ****.. looks new to me.

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I wonder if refurbs will hit stores sooner this year considering apple probably have plenty to turn around and use as refurbs at this point.. :rolleyes: :D

10. ThisIsMe thread starter macrumors regular

:)