When you sent your Macbook in for repair, how long did it take to get back to you?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alecapple, Oct 13, 2009.

1. alecapple macrumors regular

Hi, I had to send my Macbook Pro in yesterday because of a problem with the airport card, supposedly it needs to be replaced. So i'm wondering what problems you have had to send your Macbook in for, and for how long it was gone. Short and sweet.

Thanks.

2. bfc macrumors member

I had to get my LCD replaced on my MacBook Pro... They said it would take 5 to 7 days (they had the replacement LCD in stock), it ended up taking about 3 weeks.

3. thebrain74 macrumors regular

My personal experience:

I am on the east coast right now so it may affect ship times. Also my issue is supposedly hard drive related (its not, I've gone through 3):

it took 1 day to ship to them. 2 days in depot, 1 day to ship back. Keep in mind all they did was replace my hard drive and scratch the bottom of my case, so this was not an in depth repair

4. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Just had to send mine in for exactly the same issue (although it was done by an Apple authorised service centre, not Apple), in total took 20 days. They ended up having to replace the Airport card, Logic board and display in order to get it working again.

5. To-Infinity macrumors newbie

Repair time

For me I received my box on Tuesday and sent it off the same day. It arrived on Wednesday and they repaired it the same day and shipped it out on same day as well. I received it back on Thursday repaired. Not bad. I have had a relationship with Apple for about twenty five years. However, they will treat all customers the same. Having said that, always be polite, business like but persistent. All repair centers are not the same just like all people are not the same. If you have any problems DO contact Apple. They will work to solve the the issues. My MBP was repaired in Memphis TN. Good luck.