When You Start iPhone As "New"

IlliniGuy76

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Is there anyway to get your photos/contacts/texts etc still on your phone from your previous phone?

Perhaps a stupid question...

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
Is there anyway to get your photos/contacts/texts etc still on your phone from your previous phone?

Perhaps a stupid question...
You can set it up as new and restore all your photos, calendars, and contacts, but your texts are saved in the backup and will not be pulled over from the cloud unless you choose to restore from backup.

albertxp06

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
California
I know iBackupBot will let you restore specific parts of your backup to your phone. I set up my iPhone 5 as new and used that to restore only my text messages. I'm sure you can do more with it.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I know iBackupBot will let you restore specific parts of your backup to your phone. I set up my iPhone 5 as new and used that to restore only my text messages. I'm sure you can do more with it.
You're still restoring to a backup though:D
Not sure if that's what the user wanted but its still a pretty complicated thing to go through selectivelly picking out things from your old backup and making a backup with only things you want on it and then restoring to that backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.